Brakes | Suspension | Shocks | Struts Brakes,Springs, Shocks,Front End Components & Steering

Anti sway bars

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2009, 09:41 PM

Be careful when comparing what tires work under what conditions...those that travel will immediatly understand this....roads from state to stae are massivly different...they use different materials, have different codes and requirements. Thats why you will get various results of the same tire from different places. Ive lived in FLA and its terrible in the rain..if they still have the seashell mixed hardtop its slippery as wet dogcrap! Midstate is bad for tire groves from the bigtrucks, makes the water pool up..also had a vehicle right in front of me slip, hit brakes and 360 off the road...I have problems in this state in the morning with dew on the roads...it all depends on where and when conditions..so try to ask locally when comparing...
Old 09-20-2009, 10:33 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by IgottaWoody
Be careful when comparing what tires work under what conditions...those that travel will immediatly understand this....roads from state to stae are massivly different...they use different materials, have different codes and requirements. Thats why you will get various results of the same tire from different places. Ive lived in FLA and its terrible in the rain..if they still have the seashell mixed hardtop its slippery as wet dogcrap! Midstate is bad for tire groves from the bigtrucks, makes the water pool up..also had a vehicle right in front of me slip, hit brakes and 360 off the road...I have problems in this state in the morning with dew on the roads...it all depends on where and when conditions..so try to ask locally when comparing...
X2 for sure...