Brakes | Suspension | Shocks | Struts Brakes,Springs, Shocks,Front End Components & Steering

eibach for the ss

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2010, 09:10 PM

eibach for the ss

Is there a difference in aftermarket coilover/springs between the SS and base. I looked and cant find anything on the matter, frankly I'm quite tired of looking. Anyway. Where can I get a set of eibach lowering springs for the SS. That or even goldlines. I've found the kits but all they say is 06+. Do these work for the SS model? I guess thats my true question.
Old 05-12-2010, 09:31 PM

Maybe look here:
http://performance-suspension.eibach...ookup_products
Old 05-12-2010, 09:51 PM

i contacted Eibach a while back before purchasing Pedders, they stated they hadn't done any R&D and probably wouldn't so I went with Pedders, I think you'd be better off trying goldlines, pedders ride is good but rear drop is not what they advertise and disappointing to say the least plus there fit is iffy and quality control S--ks nuf said, good luck in your search, love the color of your SS
Old 05-12-2010, 11:17 PM

The only one that I'm aware of thats done any hands on with the SS was Pedders..even did skid pad runs....some of the others are just reusing the Cobalt springs on the HHR.... I'll bet the spring rates are the same with off the shelf HHR/Cobalt springs....
Old 05-13-2010, 05:53 PM

Thanks Rainman for the honesty about pedders. I love the victory red as well I just wished I had gotten the Blue or even Orange and better yet the AA5 option. I've seen several red SS's lately thats the only reason. I saw a black one just like woodys by courtesy chevrolet. It had MD tags though. Back on topic, I went to what appeared to be goldlines site, but it didnt even have a product list. I guess I'll just keep on searching.
Old 05-13-2010, 07:32 PM

I just lowered my SS with goldline springs, and it only droped it 1 1/4 all around. Also I dont think it handles as well as my LT did with the same springs and the rear sway bar, But it dose look better.
Old 05-13-2010, 09:02 PM

Ballplr you should upload some pics of the SS lowered. :) And where did you get your goldlines from? Im having no luck at finding coilovers for this car. Not even the pedders. I did manage to find a video of the pedders SS on the skid pad on youtube. Seems to be pretty good handling wise.
Old 05-13-2010, 10:04 PM

Installed Pedders a couple of weeks ago. Love the ride... definite improvement on handling especially with the rear sway bar.

Do agree with Rainman rear is almost 1" higher than the front. Trying to remedy that, I'd love it 1/2" lower.
According to the website, I am sitting 6mm lower in the front and 13mm higher in the rear then the measurements on theirs

this is how she is sitting with no weight in the back:
Old 05-14-2010, 12:31 AM

The rake being what it is, from Pedders springs, is due to it being FWD. It been tested by Pedders, and thats where they get the best handling, with the nose a little lower than the rear. At least thats what I've been told, and it does make sense.
B&G is the only one that drops the rear down real good, but then you have to buy all four springs, and the front drops too low, and you have half shaft problems. "Moon"
Old 05-14-2010, 07:56 PM

Peevlos I think that looks good in that picture. I love the blue and rear window delete too! And moon is right the back is usually higher than the front on a fwd car. I hang around a lot of Honda (lol) owners and all their cars sit higher in the back than the front. Its to get more weight to the nose of the car from what I understand. I'm just going to go with pedders. Peevlos's picture sold me on them. Now I just have to find some. Thanks everyone.

Eibach is a let down. I love the springs some friends have. Oh well.

Quick Reply: eibach for the ss