Brakes | Suspension | Shocks | Struts Brakes,Springs, Shocks,Front End Components & Steering

eibach for the ss

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2010, 09:00 AM

I installed Pedders on my SS back in Sept and really like the look and ride no issues at all.
Pic

Name:  side1-1.jpg
Views: 1344
Size:  82.0 KB

Name:  side2.jpg
Views: 477
Size:  87.4 KB
Old 05-18-2010, 09:57 PM

I think they should come from the factory lowered...........
Old 05-18-2010, 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by IgottaWoody
I think they should come from the factory lowered...........
I second that!!!

So as far as the rake thing goes... yes fwd sit lower in the front, yet I was still sitting with different measurements then they state on their site. I was lower in the front and higher in the rear. giving it over 3x's more rake then they say they will.

That said... after speaking with Mike at PeddersUSA he suggested putting some weight in the back and loosening up the control arm bushings to let them reload. This did in fact lower the rear by about 3mm after removing the weight. not much, but I'll take it

while I had it up on ramps I noticed the rear springs where still not seated as far down as they could be around the plastic seat liner thingys. there was still a gap between the spring perch and the spring. I removed both springs and using a piece of wood, a piece of leather and a large bench vise, I was able to press the liners fully into the springs. (dropped another 12mm or so)

I am waiting a few days to remeasure to she where she finally sits. should now be resting closer to the 605 mm front/612 mm rear although my front is sitting at 599 mm already

Still loving 'em.

Originally Posted by jas89tta
I installed Pedders on my SS back in Sept and really like the look and ride no issues at all.
Gotta say... seeing your pics last year, is what made me decide to go with Pedders
Old 05-18-2010, 11:17 PM

I'm going with Pedders springs[Will order next week]. been saving up to do more mods, and looks like I'll be seeing the UPS truck quite a bit soon.
Doing Pedders springs, OTT sway bar, Drag 34[wire mesh]wheels, front splitter, tinted headlights in the next week or so.
Decided to go with Pedders.
P.S. My SS wheels will be up for sale soon[6500 miles-cherry]. Any Nor-Cal guys intrested. "Moon" Hayward, Calif.
Old 05-30-2010, 10:38 AM

Just bought an SS and it needs to be lowered, but I don't want to mess up the handling. What are the spring rates of the Pedlers, Eibach, gold line compaired to the stock SS?

I had Eibach on mt LT Panel and they were great, but non-ss cars came with a soft ride to start with and the SS is firm. I also still have my Progress Sway bar (rear). Do they help the SS?
Old 05-30-2010, 11:03 AM

I do love the Pedders. took a little bit of work to get the rears to fully seat but it was worth it. rides great... better then stock. Of course they are a little stiffer over bumps...

Pedders site:
The current ride heights are 605mm front (220006) and 612mm rear (220007). This is a rare case where Pedders made the decision to use almost exactly the same rate coils than the OE spec. GM has done a great job with the SS series., but lower is not only better looking but handles unbeliveably well. The result is a car that has been dropped and retains EXCELLANT ride quality with the improved handling. All the benefits you would expect from lower centers of gravity are there with almost no negatives. The torque steer is still there, but reduced.
Old 05-30-2010, 11:42 AM

i thought they came a little lower that the ls
Old 05-30-2010, 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by JJ's BLACK SS
i thought they came a little lower that the ls
Yep, if I remember the hype back when they came out it was about 1 inch. When next to a LS or LT you can see that the rear is lower. Still not low enough for me.. Like my kid says, if it's to low or to loud for you, then you're too old.. I'll never grow up.

If the Pedlers are the same rate, then I can just cut a coil out of the stockers and save the $$$.

What about the rear sway bar. Anyone add one to an SS?
Old 06-01-2010, 11:00 PM

Can't cut the rears without torching the ends and we all know thats a bad idea....add the rear bar, dont ask just do it!
Old 06-02-2010, 06:35 AM

Originally Posted by IgottaWoody
Can't cut the rears without torching the ends and we all know thats a bad idea....add the rear bar, dont ask just do it!
Agreed

Cutting the springs = bad idea. Rear bar = good idea

bar definitely improves the handling in the SS

Quick Reply: eibach for the ss