Brakes | Suspension | Shocks | Struts Brakes,Springs, Shocks,Front End Components & Steering

Goldline springs

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2009, 02:44 PM

Goldline springs

Who has the best deal on goldline springs?
Old 12-23-2009, 06:18 PM
Banned

I think that hhrboutique does
Old 12-24-2009, 09:31 AM

Thanks, i was looking at them but want to get some feedback first.
Old 01-02-2010, 01:40 AM
Platinum Member

I don't know first hand, but I read many members are using Goldlines.
And they seem very happy with them..
Old 01-02-2010, 08:47 AM

Bought a set from a member, they went on pretty easy. I have a couple of pics but haven't downloaded them yet.
Old 01-05-2010, 06:09 PM

So, i have the goldlines on and it looks great, but... The ride is pretty rough in the front. It wants bounce more than i like, i have the stock shocks on the front and rear it didn't act like this before the springs. Would a better shock in the front help with the bounce?

I was looking at pictures of the stock springs next to the goldlines and i could cut the front springs down pretty easily to match, has anyone had any experience or dimensions they could give me?

It looks like one coil would be close, i was going to cut half a coil first and see where that gets me.

Also this is not my first lowered car or truck and have been in some pretty harsh rides, this one is not that bad, but it could be better.

Thanks ,Rob.
Old 01-05-2010, 09:17 PM

The coils are not the same so cutting these would not net the same results...the front shocks are basically junk, and appear to worn out, thus the bounce..Either go to the SS struts or try the KYB's.....anything else and your digging in your pocket
The old school way was to cut down the stock coils...some even sold these as aftermarket and most never knew it, or noticed.Its better to use good aftermarket manufactured springs, that way the chance of bottom out is minimised.....
Old 01-05-2010, 10:09 PM

Woody, thats why i went with a designed lowering spring, but the car never acted like this before and was just curious if anyone has done it. I may just cut them a little at a time and see what happens, all they are doing now is sitting on the shelf...

Thanks, Rob.
Old 01-12-2010, 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by bobkatz
Woody, thats why i went with a designed lowering spring, but the car never acted like this before and was just curious if anyone has done it. I may just cut them a little at a time and see what happens, all they are doing now is sitting on the shelf...

Thanks, Rob.

Well if your gonna cut them why not try to heat them and let them drop as much as you want. I know it takes the integrity out of the metal but cutting them cant be much better... Just a thought and my !!!
Old 01-12-2010, 08:47 AM

Doug, I have done that before...

I have been driving it for a couple of weeks and have gotten used to the way it bounces now so i doubt i will do anything untill i put new shocks on.

My wife drove it a couple of times and didn't notice any change.

The install is easy with the right tools, post a couple of pics when you get it done.