Brakes | Suspension | Shocks | Struts Brakes,Springs, Shocks,Front End Components & Steering

Goldline squeekin remedies?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2008, 02:26 PM

I also received my set of GoldLine Leveling Springs from TruckSHOP.com. Waiting for some warm Saturday to install them.

One question though, since I will be jacking the body and placing jack stands in front of the rear wheels.
Once I have the body up is it OK to use the jack in the middle of the straight axle to raise and lower it or should I use a heavy 4 x 4 post on top of the jack to spread the weight evenly along the axle to lift and lower it? Not sure if the axle is heavy enough construction to handle the force without bending it up in the middle.
I assume both springs have to be removed and placed back in the spring sockets at the same time when compressing them.

Thanks
TomR
Old 03-30-2008, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by TomR00
I also received my set of GoldLine Leveling Springs from TruckSHOP.com. Waiting for some warm Saturday to install them.

One question though, since I will be jacking the body and placing jack stands in front of the rear wheels.
Once I have the body up is it OK to use the jack in the middle of the straight axle to raise and lower it or should I use a heavy 4 x 4 post on top of the jack to spread the weight evenly along the axle to lift and lower it? Not sure if the axle is heavy enough construction to handle the force without bending it up in the middle.
I assume both springs have to be removed and placed back in the spring sockets at the same time when compressing them.

Thanks
TomR
yeah that would be perfectly fine the strait axle will handle the jack by itself. after removing the bolt from the shock on both sides i also removed the mount that had the brake line bolted to the body just to giveit some flexin room. then just let the axle down slowly(no spring compessors just the jack) and even had to give the axle a little push to seperate the sprins from the body.
check this thread to found it pretty helpful for me. put it once before in the post but here is the link again.
https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/how-tutorial-library-21/how-install-drop-springs-7187/
hope this helps.
Old 03-30-2008, 09:40 PM

I would suggest installing with the large coils to the top.
I would also cut the bump stops.
Do a search under spring install. The poster is ng8650, he gives some good detail with pics and arrows.
Good luck and let us know how it goes.
Old 05-19-2008, 06:32 PM

BUMP (stop)...

For anyone planning to install the Goldline Leveling Springs and looking for a method that worked well for me...
Old 05-19-2008, 10:25 PM

I went with the Kahuna method as well and the install went just fine. In fact, I was amazed on how easy it was to put em on. What I am experiencing is when I go over a shallow dip or bump, I get a clunk in the rear. The ride on the road is really good, not too soft and certainly no atypical bounce that lowering usually gets. I didnt trim the stops. I am vying to get the Honda tubing and trim the Bstops this time. Hopefully that takes care of the clunk.
Old 05-28-2008, 03:03 PM

GOLDLINE's Website is NO longer

Does anyone have the P/N for the Honda tubing? I was thinking to get a length of plastic tubing and just thread that suckah onto the whole damn coil!
Old 05-28-2008, 05:23 PM
Founding Member

Is this it?

Name:  tubing.jpg
Views: 322
Size:  25.3 KB

I found it on this Honda web page:

http://www.cl.acurazine.com/forums/a.../t-173473.html