Brakes | Suspension | Shocks | Struts Brakes,Springs, Shocks,Front End Components & Steering

Lowering Springs are installed!

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2007, 12:44 AM

That looks really good.

Note to self: Add leveling springs to ever growing wish list
Old 08-18-2007, 05:25 AM

The wife asked me "you have a new HHR, what else do you want". I took about 15 minutes of rapid talking to get it all out (and that was just car mods, lol). I don't think she understands, even though her dad was a drag racer!

Jim
Old 08-19-2007, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by mizzouHHR
These are leveling springs. Yea I'm excited Overall installation took less than 45 minutes and was very easy. Ride is not far from stock, a bit stiffer, but that's cool. Also I have no noise at all. Big thank you to Jeff at Truckshop.com and my Brother-in-law for the install. Here are a couple of pics.
Look's good. The level look definately adds to the HHR.
Old 08-19-2007, 09:10 PM

Hey Doug...

Wow... they look really nice on your HHR... but your HHR always looks beautiful to me (and what a shine)...

Just curious but did you guys instill with the larger coils at the top or at the bottom?

FYI... no noise with my leveling springs since May 1, 2007

Old 08-19-2007, 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by Big Kahuna
Hey Doug...

Wow... they look really nice on your HHR... but your HHR always looks beautiful to me (and what a shine)...

Just curious but did you guys instill with the larger coils at the top or at the bottom?

FYI... no noise with my leveling springs since May 1, 2007

We installed the tighter spaced coils on top. I've already loaded it down, went over some pretty bumpy roads and dips with no noise at all The ride is great and I couldn't be happier.
Old 08-19-2007, 11:09 PM

We installed the tighter spaced coils on top. I've already loaded it down, went over some pretty bumpy roads and dips with no noise at all The ride is great and I couldn't be happier.
Yep... I installed mine the same way with same similar results.

Can't wait to see the new level Sebastian in person...
Old 08-20-2007, 03:13 PM

Is the way you installed yours the way goldline recommends them to be installed?
Thank's...........
Old 08-20-2007, 03:16 PM
Ern

WOW! thats looks incredible! Makes me wanna order mine right this second!
Old 08-20-2007, 03:19 PM

Looks Great!! I'm installing my leveling springs this weekend, along with the gutter guard lower grill and shortening the stock door locks, As long as the rain stops!!
Old 08-20-2007, 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by bigallis1
Is the way you installed yours the way goldline recommends them to be installed?
Thank's...........
The Goldline leveling springs do not some with instructions, however my brother in law, who makes a living as a mechanic (and a vey good one) says as far as he knows, variable rate springs are installed with the tight spaced springs on the top. To verify that, we researched on the internet, including the Goldline website, and in every case, that is the way the springs were installed, so that is how I installed mine, and I have no noise or ride problems at all. We also installed one turned the other way to see if there were any clearance issues, and it was tight on the bottom where the spring rests. That is my experience, some may be different and if it works the other way for anyone else, thats great. this is how it worked for me.

Quick Reply: Lowering Springs are installed!