Brakes | Suspension | Shocks | Struts Brakes,Springs, Shocks,Front End Components & Steering

New Goldlines

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2006, 05:52 PM

New Goldlines

Hello everyone,

I have heard that the new Goldline springs are not as low as the old ones. Is the Ride Quality any better?? And what is you advice, should I get rims first or get the springs first after I get my HHR? If I get the springs do you think I will have any clearance problems with these rims that I want.....

http://www.wheelguyz.com/shop/detail...t=97&path=3,97

And if so I gess I will have to Roll the rear fender a bit. Just want some advice please~
Old 12-05-2006, 06:03 PM

Hummmmmm..........

Never Mind!!!

Thought I had an answer, but, I really don't know!!!

Later,
Old 12-05-2006, 06:06 PM

Definantly get the rims first to prevent having the wheel go into the fender.
Old 12-05-2006, 06:41 PM

Gold-Line is working with us to improve the "new" spring set right now. The new kit drops both front and rear 1.5" and currently does not level the back (it's "stinkbugging" a bit). Our hope is to get the rears nailed soon - although it is a lengthy process (Craig from gold-Line has actually been coming here to try out springs.)

Since some original spring owners were complaining of bottoming with heavy sub boxes in back, or when carrying 4 adults with a full tank of gas, Gold-Line began looking for a way to improve the design, changing both the spring rate and wire diameter.

After a couple months of design time, the new kits were released, but the rear springs (although they ride fantastic!), are just a bit too high. I have another prototype set of rears on the way here and we should have them installed soon. This should (hopefully) drop the rear to where it needs to be.

The original springs were fantastic if you wanted that "slammed" look, and Gold-line will probably end up offering it as a "show kit" for those wanting the max drop. We are also working on a rear "leveling" kit for folks who don't want to mess with the struts. This rear spring only kit will drop the back to even things up with the front. I've driven on these new springs and they ride just as nicely as the stockers - and will carry plenty of extra weight for those interested in heavy cargo loads.

Hang in there...it's going to happen soon!
Old 12-05-2006, 09:14 PM

<<<<<----- Wants the original springs....... my son laughs at me when I tell him the drop was not enough...... I will have a set of 2nd generation Goldlines to sell when they do come out with ones that will drop it more.

I never have the wt. issue I have read about. Will wait...

But the ride is great with the 2nd generation Goldlines, I just wanted more of a drop.
Old 12-05-2006, 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by TCRNCOB
<<<<<----- Wants the original springs....... my son laughs at me when I tell him the drop was not enough...... I will have a set of 2nd generation Goldlines to sell when they do come out with ones that will drop it more.

I never have the wt. issue I have read about. Will wait...

But the ride is great with the 2nd generation Goldlines, I just wanted more of a drop.
I was waiting for you to see this.
Old 12-06-2006, 05:30 PM

cool thanks for the info Mike (Socal) Be sure to let me know when you get those new prototypes and let me know how they are, I want to level it out and still have a dropped look with 20s and the ride somewhat comfy.
Old 12-06-2006, 06:18 PM

I've been wanting to drop mine, but didn't want that low. This one might be a go. I like the stock ride, but have the stock sport tuned susp. Let me know when they have it dialed in.
Old 12-19-2006, 05:16 PM

1st gen gl

i have the first generation and wouldnt settle for anything else i love th drop
Old 12-19-2006, 07:41 PM

What kind of job you looking at 06? Headed to college ? First you need that high paying job to make the money to afford all them mods...

Quick Reply: New Goldlines