Brakes | Suspension | Shocks | Struts Brakes,Springs, Shocks,Front End Components & Steering

Progress Technology Sway-Bar

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2009, 08:08 PM

Progress Technology Sway-Bar

Got my 22mm Progress Technology rear Sway-Bar installed. This was one of the quickest mods I've done so far. Test ride reveals more control through the apex. It is more precise & has less body roll overall. It's no race car now but it feels good! Quick notes: The parts were loose in the box & ultimately I came up one washer short. The bar was scratched as it was sliding around in the box. I would've plastic wrapped the bar & secured the bag of parts better. Installation was EASY

Old 06-05-2009, 08:17 PM

I have the TTR bar and it is a very good addition to the HHR. Don't worry about the scratches, if it is anything like TTR bar the paint will rust off soon. But it dose make body roll much better
Old 06-05-2009, 08:18 PM

Great Choice! Same design that TTR copied but made there's 3mm thicker which they say does make a difference ! TTR also offers color choices in which I could have used as I had my Progress Tech powder coated Black before installing !

Don't Over Enjoy Your New Mod this Weekend (what the heck, over enjoy it),
Old 06-05-2009, 09:12 PM

"Don't Over Enjoy Your New Mod this Weekend (what the heck, over enjoy it)"...
I'm enjoying driving ('cruising') a lot more now with the HHR. It's like the old days. Driving is fun again.
Old 06-05-2009, 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by HHR_style
I'm enjoying driving ('cruising') a lot more now with the HHR. It's like the old days. Driving is fun again.
Same Here! Was really struck by the Panels look and purchased it without really test driving ! At 50 years old I could do without the "Blind Spots" !

Enjoy, Enjoy, Enjoy,
Old 06-05-2009, 09:50 PM

the sway bar edition is the best. I have the TTR in yellow, and yeah don't worry about color, mine is speckled orange/brown now...

Can take corners like no other now. I usually watch my instamatic mpg, and as you know around corners, you slow down, turn, speed up, mpg takes a hit, I have seen sometimes getting a constant 20mpg into and out of a 90 degree corner now. However I know which ones around town now are banked right and what speed i can take them at.