Brakes | Suspension | Shocks | Struts Brakes,Springs, Shocks,Front End Components & Steering

sway bar for HHR

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2011, 10:02 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by jay loukakis
Had a long conversation with their design Engr. Have an appointment on Monday the 15th, to install their new bar, they want to use my HHR for several days for products they make, and will give me a loaner car, will post the results.
Jay-
Hope you are being compensated for them using your ride as a guinea pig for their parts development..
Old 08-06-2011, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by sleeper
Jay-
Hope you are being compensated for them using your ride as a guinea pig for their parts development..
That's even if they are really going to have his parts on the 15th.

Just a word of advice for you, DO NOT let them have your car until you see the actual parts. They know that they've been able to string you along this long, so they are probably just reading "sucker" and figure if they take your car for "development purposes" they can keep you at bay even longer so they can buy more time.

Seriously, what other parts are they going to use your car for? You really think they are developing more parts for the HHR as it's being discontinued?

You should have the details on the parts they will be trying out on your car. Also, most (if not all) of the time a company uses a car as a test mule, they just let the person keep the parts that they put on the car. It is not worth the labor for them to take the parts back off and there is no better way for customer feedback and advertisement, then to have the parts on the street

Eibach is usually a great company, but just use your head before you go through with this. A swaybar only takes 5 minutes to install
Old 08-06-2011, 12:44 PM

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Rod Run
Just a word of advice for you, DO NOT let them have your car until you see the actual parts. They know that they've been able to string you along this long, so they are probably just reading "sucker" and figure if they take your car for "development purposes" they can keep you at bay even longer so they can buy more time.
Wow, that's a pretty elaborate and costly plan they have masterminded! Wouldn't it be cheaper just to tell him the part is not ready yet?
Old 08-06-2011, 01:08 PM

The parts are ready but I have to take my HHR to the body shop on Monday because of some old man backed into me at a signal crunched the hood and ruined my Billit grill should have the car back on Wed. that is why appointment with Eibach is the following Monday.
Old 08-08-2011, 03:47 AM

Question

So..... If I were going to order one in 2 weeks what would you guys recommend???
Old 08-08-2011, 09:42 AM

a Hardcore Bar from Powell !
Old 08-08-2011, 10:51 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Mrs. DLVRNIT
X2 on the hardcore bar...... some people will tell you TTR but im selling mine... i bought it when i didnt know about Powells bars.. Powells is better and ive seen comparison tests so yeah my mind is made up.. Also John comes out to our big CED meet in chicago and to the tail of the dragon all the way from canada and hes just an awesome guy all around...
Old 08-08-2011, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by JAMIROBri
Wow, that's a pretty elaborate and costly plan they have masterminded! Wouldn't it be cheaper just to tell him the part is not ready yet?
They haven't done that for him yet, because they just keep stringing him along, so why would they start telling him the truth now? I've seen this happen to people more times than I can count, but just not with a company as big as Eibach. Plus, how is that costing them anything?

I hope for his sake that I'm wrong, but I'll be kind of surprised if things go well. I still would ask to see the bar before I left my vehicle with them
Old 08-08-2011, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by Mrs. DLVRNIT
For sure "Hardcore" bar.
I realize that most of the guys on here have been changing to a bigger bar[1/4" bigger], but I believe that if a person is trying to better the handling on their ride, that they would quit screwing around, and get the bigger 1 1/2" bar, and be done with it. Sure the 1" bar will work a little better, but the Powell 1 1/4" Hardcore bar, works a lot better[I know for sure-I'm running one].
I've talked to John Powell[they are the ones that have buildt the Cobalts for the track for GM], and the bigger rear bar, helps the inital turn end[critical for a FWD car] and helps keep the outside rear tire planted on hard turns.
If a person is going to put a rear bar on, then makes sense to put the best bar on, instead of a cheaper bar, that does'nt work as good. I realize also that some people get stuck on buying name brand stuff, just because everybody else does, then harps about it being the hot setup, when some of the name brand stuff is just junk parts.
Buy the good stuff that works, and you only have to buy once, and have a quality piece, instead of just being a copcat. "Moon"
P.S. The way the Powell bar is built, there is no way you can break it. Bolts go through the bar, instead of a plate welded on.

Last edited by moonsign; 08-08-2011 at 05:25 PM.
Old 08-08-2011, 04:41 PM

Anyone have a link for ordering one??

Quick Reply: sway bar for HHR