Brakes | Suspension | Shocks | Struts Brakes,Springs, Shocks,Front End Components & Steering

sway bar for HHR

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2011, 06:06 PM

www.powellraceshop.com
Old 08-08-2011, 10:16 PM

Wow what a hard site to navigate.... I couldn't find anything, I guess a call would do it. What am I looking at pricewise with international shipping and the bar itself??
Old 08-08-2011, 10:52 PM

Here you go:

http://www.ottperformance.com/store/...ore-40p266.htm

Just make sure before paying or ordering you know they have it in stock! Not the best in delivery time .....

Best-O-Luck ,
Old 08-09-2011, 02:36 AM

ok for clarification I have a 2011 2LT 2.4 I would like a nice Front and Rear combo and then will look at springs. Will the Powell work for me? Do they have a front sway bar? I want the bars the same brand for some weird reason. Any advice or links would be helpfull. I have searched the site a lot.....

Thanks
Old 08-09-2011, 07:21 AM
Banned

DO NOT order from OTTP they are a knockoff of Johns parts... contact gloria at the raceshop. gloria@powellraceshop .com and shipping stateside is like $60.

Spend your money the right way trust me. and yes theyre still working on the site
Old 08-09-2011, 10:17 AM

Just got off the phone with John and Gloria and I must say two of the most knowledgeable and friendly persons you will ever talk to! Ott Performance (as BartSS says) is no longer a distributor of Powell product (Gloria says Hi Bart)! With all of the mods we have done our factory trailing control arm bushings have taken a crap at 30,000 miles! We will now be installing Powells Delrin Bushing replacements !

So for future reference we will no longer use Ott Performance as our parts source! It seems they have gone the same route as many an chose to offer copy cat or knock off product (increased profit margin)! The Powell product has alot of time, research and development (for racers by racers) into each peice so there parts should have a next to zero failure rate! Feel free to call or email Gloria for some Delta format expertise !!!!!
Old 08-09-2011, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by Silver11

ok for clarification I have a 2011 2LT 2.4 I would like a nice Front and Rear combo and then will look at springs. Will the Powell work for me? Do they have a front sway bar? I want the bars the same brand for some weird reason. Any advice or links would be helpfull. I have searched the site a lot.....

Thanks
Maybe just go with Powell's rear Street Bar! There is a couple of companys that make front and rear combos! Eibach being one (rear bar issues so avoid) and another on ebay that are bright green but have zero imput! Powell doesn't have a front bar that we know of but there rear Street Bar combined with your factory GM front bar should be adequate for spirited dailey driving !

Best-O-Luck ,
Old 08-09-2011, 11:20 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Mrs. DLVRNIT
Just got off the phone with John and Gloria and I must say two of the most knowledgeable and friendly persons you will ever talk to! Ott Performance (as BartSS says) is no longer a distributor of Powell product (Gloria says Hi Bart)! With all of the mods we have done our factory trailing control arm bushings have taken a crap at 30,000 miles! We will now be installing Powells Delrin Bushing replacements !

So for future reference we will no longer use Ott Performance as our parts source! It seems they have gone the same route as many an chose to offer copy cat or knock off product (increased profit margin)! The Powell product has alot of time, research and development (for racers by racers) into each peice so there parts should have a next to zero failure rate! Feel free to call or email Gloria for some Delta format expertise !!!!!
Im so happy i got another person to convert. John is the mastermind behind the time attack cobalt... he designed every aftermarket suspension part on that car. whenever you see mounts or bars or anything like that and its not from john its a knockoff!!!!
Old 08-09-2011, 11:21 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Mrs. DLVRNIT
Maybe just go with Powell's rear Street Bar! There is a couple of companys that make front and rear combos! Eibach being one (rear bar issues so avoid) and another on ebay that are bright green but have zero imput! Powell doesn't have a front bar that we know of but there rear Street Bar combined with your factory GM front bar should be adequate for spirited dailey driving !

Best-O-Luck ,
Hardcore bar might be too much for someone that isnt use to it.. street bar should be enough.. and our factory fronts are more than enough
Old 08-10-2011, 08:32 PM

Now where can I find the Powell Street Bar? Just a bit confused after the newer posts about OTT. Sorry to be such a bother!!!

Quick Reply: sway bar for HHR