Brakes | Suspension | Shocks | Struts Brakes,Springs, Shocks,Front End Components & Steering

sway bar for HHR

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2011, 11:32 PM
Platinum Member

Thought so, that's easiset way to make one, imo..

Powell drills their hollow pipe & adds small pipe sleeves for the bolts to go thru..
Old 09-23-2011, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by BlackknighT
Jay-I just got back Monday from a trip to new Jersey and guess what I heard? Sounded at first like it was my spare tire loose in the cargo area-wasn't that. turned out my sway bar broke in the same spot. I called Eibach Tech Support and spoke to a "Dave". He asked for pics which I sent right away. He stated it in a couple weeks I would have my new bar. He also said they redesigned the mounting because the old way like we had put too much stress on the tabs. The new way that you have now is the way he said that would not have any issues with stress as the bolts go a different way. Hopefully he is right. I don't mind waiting the week or two now that I see there really is a new redesign and giving Eibach a chance is the right thing to do. Sometimes it just takes a little longer and you need patients...

I have bought other Eibach products in the past and have been quite happy with them. Sometimes limited production specialty items end up with a glitch, I know Eibach will do the right thing by me. I will keep everyone posted.

Mike

Have you got the new sway bar yet? I think Ill buy the Powell bar, soon.
Old 09-23-2011, 08:18 PM

Came UPS last night at around 8pm. I got it faster then the October Date that was on my original invoice. Looks the same as your replacement. Only problem is I just sliced open my left hand on a serated tree saw. Lots of blood, saw the milky bone area of my knuckle. Ugh.... Went to get a tentnus shot today (last one was 9 years ago) & antibiotics just in case. Cut was 3/4inch long but Doc said no stitches-it is sealed shut already in place and it just happened Weds Night.

Should be back in action Sunday for an install!

Hows your bar doing?
Old 09-23-2011, 08:23 PM

Buy the way-the bolts & nuts look like grade 8 & the nuts are vinyl inserted lock nuts. Only thing is the instructions do not give a torque amount. May have to call eibach monday.
Old 09-23-2011, 10:02 PM

" I just sliced open my left hand on a serated tree saw."

I've done that enough times that I just felt it when I read it.... Owwww

Take care, man!
Old 09-23-2011, 10:23 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by BlackknighT
Came UPS last night at around 8pm. I got it faster then the October Date that was on my original invoice. Looks the same as your replacement. Only problem is I just sliced open my left hand on a serated tree saw. Lots of blood, saw the milky bone area of my knuckle. Ugh.... Went to get a tentnus shot today (last one was 9 years ago) & antibiotics just in case. Cut was 3/4inch long but Doc said no stitches-it is sealed shut already in place and it just happened Weds Night.
Should be back in action Sunday for an install!
Yeoww !!! I use masking tape to seal up those type of emergencies.. Take care..
Old 09-23-2011, 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by sleeper
Yeoww !!! I use masking tape to seal up those type of emergencies.. Take care..
Almost used tape myself but was glad I didn't. Pulling the tape off may have re-opened it. Used some butterfly bandages when I got home (was at my 90 year old aunts house helping out when it happened). When my wife asked what happened I showed her-it didn't look bad and the skin (flap) was back in place. Called me a baby and said how much blood could there have been. Thats when I went back in my car and brought in the bloody towels. I showed her who the man is....
Old 09-23-2011, 10:49 PM
Platinum Member

You showed her.....

I hear some hospitals use a type of Super-Glue instead of stitches in some cases..

Good that you still have all yer digits.. Tree saws can bite hard..
Old 09-24-2011, 05:48 AM

Originally Posted by sleeper
I hear some hospitals use a type of Super-Glue instead of stitches in some cases..

That's what "superglue" was originally invented for......
Old 09-24-2011, 09:45 AM

I have used superglue. Sliced open my left thumb when cutting ABS plastic with a dremel cut-off attachment; got superglue out of my emergency med stuff (an EMS guy had said he carried some with him on hunting trips, so I did too). Sealed it up, after stopping the blood flow (twenty minutes or so). Sealed it two more times later. Worked fine, until the thumb swelled up and became very painful two days later. So. I pulled off the superglue-patched skin, and dug out a 1/4" sliver of ABS that I had sealed in. Resealed with more superglue, and two years later I can't even see where the injury had been. Summary: the glue had worked fine, I'm not a good doctor! P.S. I'll try anything to avoid going to clinics,hospitals,funerals, -or- weddings. All have bad memories associated with them. Also, I almost forgot to ask a question concerning the original OP subject: swaybars. I've seen info good and bad concerning TTR, Progress, Eibach, and Powell (OTTP) bars , but can't recall anyone commenting on Suspension Techniques bars. And has anyone seen another bar made for another brand of car that could be adapted with suitable hardware?

Quick Reply: sway bar for HHR