Brakes | Suspension | Shocks | Struts Brakes,Springs, Shocks,Front End Components & Steering

sway bar for HHR

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2011, 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by Omnigear
i dont see using rear bars for a regular HHR, unless its tracked =p
Helps my daily driving as well and I have only had it one day I just installed the TTR and I noticed a better handling car pulling out of my driveway. No joke. Quick lane changes or sudden movements are no longer followed with roll and it feels especially good at highway speeds. I took a spin into the county and hammered it into some corners. You know, the kind where the sign says 35...and you do 70. Way more confident in corners as the car feels pinned to the road. I cranked it up to 120+mph on a few straights and I love how the car is not overly distracted by dips or bumps as it was before. It also greatly improved my front inside wheel traction. Even with an LSD I get a bit of inside wheel spin and it has definitely been reduced by keeping the car flatter in corners, giving me better grip. This would really help an open differential.

Now I realize I no longer have a "regular HHR" and I sure don't drive it like one , but normal driving is improved and I am happy I purchased one.

I wish the rear sway bar was my first mod.
Old 06-21-2011, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by hhrfreek
Helps my daily driving as well and I have only had it one day I just installed the TTR and I noticed a better handling car pulling out of my driveway. No joke. Quick lane changes or sudden movements are no longer followed with roll and it feels especially good at highway speeds. I took a spin into the county and hammered it into some corners. You know, the kind where the sign says 35...and you do 70. Way more confident in corners as the car feels pinned to the road. I cranked it up to 120+mph on a few straights and I love how the car is not overly distracted by dips or bumps as it was before. It also greatly improved my front inside wheel traction. Even with an LSD I get a bit of inside wheel spin and it has definitely been reduced by keeping the car flatter in corners, giving me better grip. This would really help an open differential.

Now I realize I no longer have a "regular HHR" and I sure don't drive it like one , but normal driving is improved and I am happy I purchased one.

I wish the rear sway bar was my first mod.
well how it last you for awhile, keep an eye on it
Old 06-21-2011, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by Omnigear
well how it last you for awhile, keep an eye on it
That goes withoug saying. Every company that has made a sway bar has had broken and damaged ones.
Old 06-21-2011, 11:03 AM

i've never heard of a Powell Race Shop rear bar breaking or having any damage to it.

Originally Posted by jay loukakis
I had suggested they should become a vendor, I just recieved an E-mail from John Powell they have supplied the info to become a vender just waiting for approval.
i told him to come over here. i'm friends with Mr. Powell and i currently have a few PRS parts on my HHR SS. nothing but great quality parts from them.

i have the PRS 1" Street Rear Bar and i will tell you.... it's AMAZING. instantly noticed a difference going thru the twisties. last October i joined a bunch of Cobalts on a trip to the Tail of the Dragon, my wagon performed great. a good friend of mine is an experience road course racer (with his Cobalt SS/TC) so i let him take my car thru and he was quite impressed. one thing my friend mentioned was that if i had any more rear bar (bigger than the 1" street) and we would of tipped the wagon on most of the twisties on TOTD. his exact words was "we were marking our territory all over that mountain", in other words we were lifting a rear tire a lot! so just becareful with what bar you choose.

Originally Posted by ChevyMgr
Administration = JonyyB. Why not call it like it is

SindyDix and I cannot approve new vendors.
and judgine from JonyyB's track record........ it'll take a very long time.
Old 06-21-2011, 12:02 PM

ralleycobalt06: what Powell parts do you have on your SS, besides the rear bar? "Moon"
Old 06-21-2011, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by moonsign
ralleycobalt06: what Powell parts do you have on your SS, besides the rear bar? "Moon"
currently........ stage 2 tranny mounts, steering rack spacers and rear bar.

in waiting...... tow hook (BartSS will have one on before i can find time, so maybe he'll post pics for everyone)

future...... stainless braided brake lines and maybe undercar rails & spherical control arm bushings
Old 06-21-2011, 08:37 PM

Eibach sway bar

I phoned Eibach ashing when would they have their new bar? they dont know still trying to design a new one? how has this company been in business I will never do business with them its the worst company I have done business with. I get the feeling they just dont give a dam.
Old 06-21-2011, 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by jay loukakis

I phoned Eibach ashing when would they have their new bar? they dont know still trying to design a new one? how has this company been in business I will never do business with them its the worst company I have done business with. I get the feeling they just dont give a dam.
Jay, you live a shelterd life, .....
Old 06-22-2011, 12:07 AM

Originally Posted by Mrs. DLVRNIT
Jay, you live a shelterd life, .....
X10. It's beyond me why some of you keep harping on bars such as Eibach[junk parts], and TTR [not available anymore], and step up and get yourself a good bar than works and no problems. Don't you guys read the threads, and see what the problems are, or you just want to go on the cheap. Cheap parts are just that, cheaply made and prone to break, and nothing but problems.
The good stuff may cost a little more, but well worth the trouble of finding out what works and what someone is blowing smoke up your rear end. Save up and get the best parts you can buy, even if it takes a little longer.
Off my soapbox for now. "Moon"
Old 06-22-2011, 12:15 AM

I bought their s---t and twice have had to pay installing and removing I would like for them to pay back for the junk that I bought.

Quick Reply: sway bar for HHR