Featured HHR Submissions Featured HHR submissions, voting, and showcasing.

August 2010 Featured HHR lunchbox_mafioso

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2010, 09:15 PM

Damn... Maybe next month
Old 07-13-2010, 04:55 PM

I don't know, re: everyone who thinks lunchbox will run away with August. Although Jon has clearly put some serious love and effort into his ride, and has come away with a truly unique-looking HHR (and this I applaud...it's not easy to realize an automotive vision as complex and out there as this one), I don't think this theme necessarily has a universal appeal. This look isn't really my thing (and please don't take that as a knock...just to show that we all like different things)...but like I said, I can appreciate the creativity and effort here.

Out of everything that's been done, I love love LOVE the headlights...that really looks incredible! What was involved in doing that?
Old 07-14-2010, 06:27 AM

Originally Posted by txbass06
X1000

HHR of all time nomination? I think so
"all time".........got my vote!
VERY hard to beat the look of the headlights alone, not to mention the other mods...........I WANT THEM LIGHTS!!!
Old 07-14-2010, 08:28 AM

That is one Brilliant HHR. I love the look of it makes me just like WOW.

However I still don't like how to low to the ground it is. Wouldn't last here in Michigan with all the crappy roads we have but she is still a gorgeous car.
Old 07-14-2010, 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by mikey12561
That is one Brilliant HHR. I love the look of it makes me just like WOW.

However I still don't like how to low to the ground it is. Wouldn't last here in Michigan with all the crappy roads we have but she is still a gorgeous car.
His HHR has an 'Air-Ride' suspension, in which can be adjustable to any height, even on the fly. Instead of suspension springs holding up the HHR, It uses 'air bags' similar to what can be found on most eighteen wheeler rigs on the highway. In fact, Lunchbox's adjustable Air-ride suspension would be desired on rough roads as it can be driven at a higher stance to get around all the bumps and/or dips/holes while still having the ability to 'show-off' the aggressive appearance of such a low ride height.

Some day My HHR will sport the same Air-Ride suspension. I thank Lunchbox (and a select few others) for the inspiration to do a major 'MOD' to my HHR.

--Nancy
Old 07-14-2010, 11:01 AM

lunchbox-

quick question... do you inflate the bags when driving, for the most part??

my brothers bike lays on the frame when parked and at show. he inflates to different heights to ride depending on how and where.
Old 07-14-2010, 05:40 PM

Curious about the Air Ride? Check out this video of my ride. I always ride with the front all the way up ( front is regulated at about 90 psi. ), and the rear as low as i can without dragging the exhaust. As for the headlights, they're probly my favorite affordable mod so far. Just cut open a new set of lights, paint em, and throw in a projector conversion kit. Total cost was about $400, and completely changed the style of my ride... really wish i woulda done em earlier.
Old 07-14-2010, 09:54 PM

I cooked my headlights and I do agree on the style change though. We are the pioneers of HHR headlight conversions.
Old 07-14-2010, 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by DSNYCRZE
His HHR has an 'Air-Ride' suspension, in which can be adjustable to any height, even on the fly. Instead of suspension springs holding up the HHR, It uses 'air bags' similar to what can be found on most eighteen wheeler rigs on the highway. In fact, Lunchbox's adjustable Air-ride suspension would be desired on rough roads as it can be driven at a higher stance to get around all the bumps and/or dips/holes while still having the ability to 'show-off' the aggressive appearance of such a low ride height.

Some day My HHR will sport the same Air-Ride suspension. I thank Lunchbox (and a select few others) for the inspiration to do a major 'MOD' to my HHR.

--Nancy
Oh that makes perfect since. If it was in his post I must of messed it when reading it.
Old 08-02-2010, 12:50 PM

Thumbs up champ

VERY NICE !! looks like the winner! this guy should get a free T shirt or something. Maybe a 6 pack of corona!

Quick Reply: August 2010 Featured HHR lunchbox_mafioso