Featured HHR Submissions Featured HHR submissions, voting, and showcasing.

Digital_Rapture's August 2008 Featured HHR Submission...

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2008, 10:39 PM

Digital_Rapture's August 2008 Featured HHR Submission...

Digital_Rapture's Featured HHR Submission: Black Betty... Bam ba Lam!

Name: Gary B.

Car Info: 2008, Chevrolet HHR, 2LT

Stock Options: Bright Chrome Package, Pioneer System, Roof Rails, Running Boards, Power Sunroof, Ebony Leather, 17” Polishes Aluminum Wheels

Exterior Modifications: Lower “Gutter” grille, 3 bar custom grille, “Carpe Omnia” brake light, De-badged “GM” and “LT” emblems, In channel window vents, Standard Edition spoiler, 20” Diablo Wishbones with 225/35/20 Nankang Ultra Sport Tires, ’56 Chevy hood scripts, Stubby antennae, IPCW L.E.D. tail lights, Custom painted black bowties on front and rear, StreetGlow Wheel Well and Underbody Multi L.E.D. Kits, Blue L.E.D. grille lighting, Mexican & American flag decals.

Interior Modifications: 20% Tint in front and Limo tint in rear, Blue L.E.D. moonlight, Excelon DNX8120 w/Garmin Navigation & Rear Camera, Dual 12” Kicker Comp VR’s powered by a Kicker ZX400.1, Viper 7900 Alarm, ‘57 Chevy interior scripts on dash and rear door panels, Smoothie lock knobs, Stock headrests customized for 7” monitors w/auxillary power converter and a/v inputs, Nautical star decals.

Future plans: H.I.D. kit, Performance parts after warranty is out. Maybe Suicide doors on rear.

Other info: I was noticing a few of these on the road but just ones that were bare bones. I seen they had potential to look really good giving the right vision. So I test drove one, a week later I bought one, then fell in love with it and started pouring the mods into it. It came quick being I barely got her in May but I always told myself when I get a “fun” car she’s going to be done quickly. She’s put the “Dently” on the back burner for now but my new toys do that to old ones. The pics I posted for the submission I believe captures the raw beauty and retro style of the HHR. I have more pics in my gallery that details more of the transformation that I have put Black Betty through, feel free to check them out.

Last edited by Digital_Rapture; 07-31-2008 at 09:38 PM.
Old 07-27-2008, 10:41 PM

Great pictures Gary Black Betty looks super clean Makes me miss Black Knight a little She's definitely a Featured HHR of the Month
Old 07-27-2008, 10:52 PM

Oh mijo...absolutely gorgeous...
The black HHR is just the best IMHO.

@ngelita y mi prietito lindo
Old 07-27-2008, 10:57 PM

Thanks Dayton! I'm just thankfull she's finally done... Been a real headache trying to get everything going right! Black Knight was a Beauty as well. I guess I missed why you traded in for Agent Orange...
Old 07-27-2008, 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by Digital_Rapture
Black Knight was a Beauty as well. I guess I missed why you traded in for Agent Orange...
1. 2008 SS vs. 2007 1LT
2. New warranty vs. almost out of warranty
3. Approximately same monthly payment
4. Not so bad to keep clean vs PITA to keep clean
Old 07-27-2008, 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by HillsdaleHHR
1. 2008 SS vs. 2007 1LT
2. New warranty vs. almost out of warranty
3. Approximately same monthly payment
4. Not so bad to keep clean vs PITA to keep clean
I hear ya, Black is a b@*%$^ to keep clean and SS vs. 1lt is a no brainer.
Old 07-27-2008, 11:18 PM

looks great. Love the look of the street glows on it. Can you drive with that where you are, or is it just for show?

Only thing is in your listing you have it listed as an SS edition spoiler, but your isn't the SS one, it's the other standard spoiler
Old 07-28-2008, 12:26 AM

beautiful car man! uh oh, the SS's have some competition now...haha. all three submissions this month are beautiful, i'm glad i'm one of them, so it's easy to choose where my vote goes haha. i'd hate to have to choose out of these three.
Old 07-28-2008, 06:22 AM

Originally Posted by twistrman
Only thing is in your listing you have it listed as an SS edition spoiler, but your isn't the SS one, it's the other standard spoiler
Specs revised, wasn't aware of that being I was told it was an SS edition when I had it first put on, how embarassing! . The lights are street legal as long as they don't flash, I assumed they meant the chaser mode.

Last edited by Digital_Rapture; 07-28-2008 at 07:51 AM.
Old 07-28-2008, 09:17 AM
jx3

Great looking ride and pics!!

Originally Posted by Digital_Rapture
The lights are street legal as long as they don't flash, I assumed they meant the chaser mode.
Even though they are blue??

I know in Florida the only two colors that you can't run on the roads are red (that aren't tail/rear side marker) and blue.

Quick Reply: Digital_Rapture's August 2008 Featured HHR Submission...