Featured HHR Submissions Featured HHR submissions, voting, and showcasing.
View Poll Results: Vote for November's Featured HHR
Grohlinator
36.79%
HHR MOM
16.58%
Bertland
2.59%
SindyDix
36.79%
Inspector:
7.25%
Voters: 193. You may not vote on this poll

VOTE NOW: November Featured HHR

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2006, 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by SindyDix
I would like to suggest to let Grohlinator take the spotlight for November! I respectfully step back to let another have the honors!
Sindy

I just knew you might offer to do that because of the kind of person you are, but please don't.

You have a great car. We both know the cars will be up on the banner a lot longer than just the month of November and I actually think they look great together. Someone could do a great photoshop of the two and I think it would be really cool.

John
Old 11-04-2006, 07:27 AM

I think the entire contest should be voided due to participant error and lack of interest.
Less than 200 votes in a forum of approx. 2000 members... We had a better percentage rate in the Mid-central ROTM contest, of course we had problems there too.
Old 11-04-2006, 07:33 AM
Banned

I think JonyyB should flip a quarter to see the next ride of the month is. The car that looses the coin toss should be automatically entered in next month’s poll.
Old 11-04-2006, 07:38 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Black Beauty
I think the entire contest should be voided due to participant error and lack of interest.
Less than 200 votes in a forum of approx. 2000 members... We had a better percentage rate in the Mid-central ROTM contest, of course we had problems there too.
B/B go over our members list and see how many of those 2000 members have never posted anything. The low amount of votes has nothing to do with lack of interest. That's a pretty silly reason to toss the whole poll out the window. Are you mad that your ride didn't make it to the poll?
Old 11-04-2006, 07:49 AM

I wouldn`t say mad, that`s such a harsh word... Disappointed may be more like it..
My entry was disallowed, at least (2) entries were allowed with questionable qualifications.
A lot of views indicate lack of interest when no vote is cast.
1300 + views, under 200 votes, that would require every one who voted to return (6) times, and I don`t think thats how the view counter works...
Old 11-04-2006, 08:02 AM
Banned

Sorry I used mad. I should have used disappointed instead like you did. I don't think it's so much a lack of interest in the poll as much as some members have no interest in posting. They just want to read what we post. There is always next month for your ride. I don't think there is any rule to stop a person from resubmitting there ride in next months contest. I believe the only reason your submission wasn't allowed was because the pictures weren't properly linked correct? If you need help linking them let me know. The views counter includes guest if I'm not mistaken, not just members. That's why there are threads with way more views than we have members.
Old 11-04-2006, 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by courthousedeb
So what happens now since this ended in a tie? Do they share the honor or do you have a run off between the two? Enquiring minds want to know.
WWE style cage match
Old 11-04-2006, 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by SindyDix
I would like to suggest to let Grohlinator take the spotlight for November! I respectfully step back to let another have the honors!
Sindy, i just gotta put my 2cents in. It is gracious of you to offer to step back, but mho is that there should be a tie. If the "rules" allows us to enter HHR's other than our own, it seems silly to not allow Two winners in the case of a tie.
Old 11-04-2006, 08:47 AM

I think that there should be a run-off vote by the members between Grohlinator and Sindy Dix. Since this is the weekend, have it end on Sunday night at midnight and hopefully it won't be tied again. If it is, the the November Featrued HHR honor would be shared. Same concept as they use in the NFL...if it's tied at the end of regulation time, they go into overtime...if it's tied at the end of the 5th quarter, it is deemed a tie.

Sindy, I would hate to see you withdraw Casper. He's a great HHR and his place in the spotlight...but I've talked to you in person and know the kind of person you are, so I understand totally where you are coming from. Grohlinator's car should not be withdrawn either, just because it's his fathers HHR. Had JonyyB determined that it did not meet the guidelines, he would have said so right from the beginning...so he has every right to be included as well.

I'm sure Black Beauty is disappointed because his entry was disqualified this month, just as much as scaleguy and FlamingHHR who were also not included due to entries that did not meet the posted criteria. I directed BlackBeauty to the thread on how to post pictures directly into his post when he asked how that needed to be done, so I'm sure he'll have his HHR submission in order for next months submissions, as will the other two.

If I am understanding JonnyB correctly, this will be a MONTHLY event from now on...not like it has been done in the past. Otherwise, I don't believe he would have taken the time to come up with all the submission rules and made a board for that purpose.

I believe that CH is correct as far as post count including not only members who view the thread, but guests as well. While I understand there are 2200+ members, many of them have never posted as you can see by viewing the memberlist and then clicking on posts. There are pages upon pages of people on this an many other forums of people who join and then never post for one reason or another.

As always...if I have said something that is not correct, I apologize for that. However, I have been a member here long enough to believe I understand how most things are intended to work. I do from time to time totally miss the boat...and this could be one of those times.
Old 11-04-2006, 09:40 AM
Founding Member

Well, I certainly did not expect this to end in a tie, and certainly did not expect to see negativity in here.

To address the concerns rising in this thread, nothing I do for this group is ever good

When i picked the cars myself, everyone flamed me for not being fair. That’s why i was always reluctant to change the featured car often.

So i took the suggestions I got and made it an official poll so the members can pick. And what happens? People get upset for not being included because they can’t follow the submission rules and what not. I am just trying to make it fair for everyone! geez

I will not drag this months contest on. Everyone that does not win has a chase next month. No reason to get upset!

That being said, I am making the final decision on who the featured car is. This is my site after all.

I am sorry that everyone has to disagree on so many things on here and I am sorry i cannot please everyone. I try but it never works.