General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

$27k 09 LT

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2009, 12:43 AM

$27k 09 LT

Been eyeing this modded LT at the dealers lot bymy work, finally stopped in to see it. I about fell over when I saw the price tag..claimed a $23k base and $27k final..it is a flex fueled motor.( the the max MPG E85 slightly less then the MIN mpg on gas!!.. advertised). Anyways, it has a Southern Comfort Conversion body kit installed..sharp as hell..will try to post pics later....Painted with what was called fade away paint, a cross between champaine and white..almost a pearl.. Was an auto,tan int, nothing really fancy about the INT,,the build sheet was missing and I didn't inquire( not after seeing the price tag). Theres a SX badge on the front door like the SS. Tried to locate the company website but no luck.Anybody familiar with these guys? I'd lke the kit for my LS..nice runnning boards with front and rear lowers and side panels and a look alike SS spoiler.Wasn't to impressed with the paint application, it didn't look like it was layered correctly and was spotty with different shades.Sweet looking ride overall.
Old 05-30-2009, 01:00 AM

Originally Posted by IgottaWoody
Been eyeing this modded LT at the dealers lot bymy work, finally stopped in to see it. I about fell over when I saw the price tag..claimed a $23k base and $27k final..it is a flex fueled motor.( the the max MPG E85 slightly less then the MIN mpg on gas!!.. advertised). Anyways, it has a Southern Comfort Conversion body kit installed..sharp as hell..will try to post pics later....Painted with what was called fade away paint, a cross between champaine and white..almost a pearl.. Was an auto,tan int, nothing really fancy about the INT,,the build sheet was missing and I didn't inquire( not after seeing the price tag). Theres a SX badge on the front door like the SS. Tried to locate the company website but no luck.Anybody familiar with these guys? I'd lke the kit for my LS..nice runnning boards with front and rear lowers and side panels and a look alike SS spoiler.Wasn't to impressed with the paint application, it didn't look like it was layered correctly and was spotty with different shades.Sweet looking ride overall.
E85 does get a pretty big hit on the MPG. I can see that. Would LOVE to see the body kit, though.
Old 05-30-2009, 01:11 AM
XXL

Southern Comfort Conversion Inc.
4680 Pinson Valley Pkwy
Birmingham, AL 35215
AL Tel. 800-745-6096
Fax 205-856-5602
Website is here, but appears to be down.
Old 05-30-2009, 08:57 PM

Sounds almost exactly like this one, I drive past every day on my way to work. It's an 06, though. Even the paint sounds similar, like a two-tone fade.
Old 05-30-2009, 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by roofer1976
Sounds almost exactly like this one, I drive past every day on my way to work. It's an 06, though. Even the paint sounds similar, like a two-tone fade.
Hmm, I prefer the SS skirts to that one. I think it flares out too much at the very bottom. But those side scoops are just...
Old 05-31-2009, 06:46 PM

Unhappy Southern Comfort

I don't get it.........why not just buy a regular HHR and ruin it yourself rather than buy this one already ruined?

Oh well, to each his own I suppose.

QuickRick
Old 05-31-2009, 07:30 PM

I would make them lower the price for putting that stuff on. It reaks of the 80's Tessarossa body kit over kill. Just my opinion.
Old 05-31-2009, 11:07 PM

Yup..thats the kit...I liked it because it enhanced the ugly bumper overbite the reg HHR has front and rear. If you see one up close it looks better ,the pics really doesn't do it much justice. I have those same wheels on my woody LS.They are not painted!
As far as ruin? Some people like jelly with their peanut butter. The over price comes with the paint...too much for my blood, but if the kit was reasonable,,could paint to ones own liking....