General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

&@#$%*! Frack'n Drunks!

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2008, 04:46 PM

&@#$%*! Frack'n Drunks!

So I am on my way to work this morning, it's 3:30am and all of a sudden WHAM! I get slapped on the right side of the car! WTF! I says to myself! I hear rubber squeal and this caravan pisses by me and heads for the exit ramp, so I follow, flashing my lights, it becomes obvious that it is not going to stop SO I pick up the cell phone and call the local police, I have several programed into my cell that I travel through in the morning because I have seen some funky stuff over the years. I get the dispatcher and tell him what just happened and the plate number and what street we were on, etc. I follow this moron to a house and the cops says they are one the way. I get out and some drunk biaich get out of the van and I says "Hey, you just side swiped me, why didn't you stop??" She says, there was not damage so I didn't stop." I says "How can you tell, it's pitch black out!??" Now the cop is telling me to back off and wait for the cruiser. OK, I says. Cop car comes and I point to the door of the house and tell him she went in. he knocks and walks in and comes out with Miss Douche bag. I tell the cop that she is drunk and he says he didn't smell anything. She did admit she was driving to him.
Three more cop cars show up, one is the LT. So I grab him and tell him what happened and insist that she is drunk, so they give her a field test, when she didn't do so hot they had her blow, she was MORE that TWO times over the limit. the limit here is .08 so she blew a .18 or better!
They slapped the cuffs on her and took her away.
The good part is there was no damage to my new car, just the side mirror got slapped forward, not a mark on it. That was just too damn close for me. One of the cops said, yeah, you were lucky alright, most often something like that ends up as a roll-over!

So I thanked God and when to work.
I hope she spends the weekend in jail to see a Judge on Monday. I figure that's what will happen, and OUI and a hit and run, that's a felony. No bail till you see a Judge on those two.

The only thing the cop said to me was that they didn't see her get out of the car so I may be called for court, I told him "NO PROBLEM!"

I have no use for OUI butt-heads, I am on a mission now! I am goning to make sure she burns!

Monday I am going to get the police report and ask them to review (the recorded incoming calls) my call and see if they got her saying she didn't stop because there was no damage. Because I know once she lawyers up she will be talking out of the other side of her mouth.
Old 07-26-2008, 04:50 PM
Founding Member

I trust they'll charge her with the hit and run part as well.
Old 07-26-2008, 06:14 PM

Glad to hear this had a good outcome, not only from your safety but justice too.
Old 07-26-2008, 06:23 PM

I'd take your car to a shop anyway to look for hidden damage. You never know. A lot of damage is not visible under you look under the car.

Glad to hear you're ok and thanks for going the extra mile to get this woman off the street.
Old 07-26-2008, 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by SandyBeach
I'd take your car to a shop anyway to look for hidden damage. You never know. A lot of damage is not visible under you look under the car.

Glad to hear you're ok and thanks for going the extra mile to get this woman off the street.
Not to mention IF she Actually has insurance, she can pay for that also.. Right about the time Her insurance drops her.

I hate Drunks with a passion!
Old 07-26-2008, 09:53 PM

Wow, that was quite an experience and I'm glad you came out of it OK. I can't stand people that put others lives at risk by driving drunk either.

I called in a dude that was weaving and bobbing from lane to lane on the freeway a few months back also. He was slugging something from a bottle as he passed me and almost ran me off the road!

It was almost 5 miles before the cops finally intercepted him, but I was sure glad to see him get pulled over without it ending up in a crash that killed someone...
Old 07-27-2008, 05:54 AM

Originally Posted by a76marine
Glad to hear this had a good outcome, not only from your safety but justice too.
awesome !! thats probably what i would do if it happened to me .
Old 07-27-2008, 10:33 AM

Sounds like you lucked out on that ordeal(getting the cops to take her in) I called them one time when i saw a van leave a tavern(10 am) and weave/swerve all over the road, over the center line/drive where the road wasn't, typical blotto'd driver stuff. followed from a distance while still on my cell, to where the driver pulled into his driveway(and part of the yard) and went inside. Told the dispatcher this, and i was told , "since they went in the house they could not do anything" It was prob cuz there was no damage etc.,or mebbe they did not want to follow thru on things.

Made me look at being a "good citizen" from a different angle.(Tho i'd prob do it again)

Hope all you end up needing repairs is the mirror,and that she gets what she deserves
Old 07-27-2008, 10:40 AM

I bet if you do not go to court she will be let off. I am glad that you & your ride are OK.

Z
Old 07-27-2008, 10:56 AM

Gl;ad you and your car and no one else was hurt.

Man, this brings out the prohibitionist in me. People can't be trusted to drink and drive responsibly. Why is it some folks don't get it? When they are drunk, wait it out.

Quick Reply: &@#$%*! Frack'n Drunks!