General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

&@#$%*! Frack'n Drunks!

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2008, 12:26 PM

Damn lucky for you and no damage on the vehicle. Not so much for the damage going to be done to her Lisence and Insurance. That's what she gets though...
Old 07-27-2008, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by 08blackHHRSS
Told the dispatcher this, and i was told , "since they went in the house they could not do anything" It was prob cuz there was no damage etc.,or mebbe they did not want to follow thru on things.
That's BS. They didn't have any problem taking me in based on a witness account. Long story...

SORRY! I was stupid 15 years ago. I don't drink anymore.
Old 07-27-2008, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by Z-Man
I bet if you do not go to court she will be let off. I am glad that you & your ride are OK.

Z
Exactly right. That's how I got off.

I know...I was lucky. I learned from it.
Old 07-27-2008, 03:56 PM

Just in case you weren't aware of the statistics, there are over 33,000 people killed a year due to drunk driving.
Old 07-27-2008, 07:29 PM

Glad to hear that you and your car are ok. However you are going to keep on drunken driver off the road for awhile. So job well done.
Old 07-28-2008, 09:00 AM

You have just stated by biggest fear about riding motorcycles. I ride as if everyone is out to kill me.
Old 07-28-2008, 09:37 AM

it's good that you're ok, situations like that usually don't turn out the best.

so here's my drunk story in a nutshell. Coming home with my girlfriend (now my wife) and we're stopped getting ready to turn on to her road, i look up in the mirror and say **** hold on, and try to floor it and we get slammed by a dodge ram doing 60. So we go go off flying towards some trees and i'm thinking that it game over, then we hit the ditch and go end over end a couple times flying between the trees and land with driver door on the ground facing the way we came. Amazingly we walk out the back of the jimmy, i had a cut on my arm from glass and my wife had a bruise from the seat belt since she was hanging from it.

So the ambulance gets there, firemen, police, sheriff, everyone and start taking care of everything and start testing the other guy. He is .01 under the then current Michigan limit, if it was like 2 months later, they changed it and he would have been drunk. he claimed he was UNTYING his shoe at the time and didn't see us. wtf... so that's the short version, just happy everyone was safe.
Old 07-30-2008, 03:27 AM

Well, I got the incident report and talked to the LT. he said she went to court Monday and wanted to plead guilty to OUI and operating after licence revocation, but the judge told her to get a lawyer and continued the case. me thinks she does not have a brain.
Old 07-30-2008, 04:53 AM

Originally Posted by Kicker|MyU
Well, I got the incident report and talked to the LT. he said she went to court Monday and wanted to plead guilty to OUI and operating after licence revocation, but the judge told her to get a lawyer and continued the case. me thinks she does not have a brain.
Yup, sounds like self destructive behavior to me. Too bad the rest of us have to deal with crap like that.
Old 07-30-2008, 10:01 PM

I had a girl side swipe my car backing out of a parking space. She was drunk and I had an eye witness but was told since they, the law didnt see her driving they couldnt charge her for hitting my car or dui. I hope you get her good!!!! I had to pay a deductible to get my car fixed by my insurance.

Quick Reply: &@#$%*! Frack'n Drunks!