General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

[PICS] Wrecked the HHR

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2008, 03:03 PM

oh man Glad shes ok and nice to see the pics of the HHR as bad as the outside looked everything inside looked good
and Im not an expert but I would say its totaled Auto body work is so expinsive now days because they replace eyerything with new factory parts I wish you both the best of luck and keep us posted on the out come
Old 11-22-2008, 03:15 PM

It'll buff out......

glad she is ok...
Old 11-22-2008, 07:47 PM

I had an alien without a license cut me off in a Ram van I think on the freeway. I had nowhere to go but into him. I was driving a 2003 Silverado that looked very similar to this HHR in the end. The frame was bent and damn near everything from the firewall forward had to be replaced. The frame was straightened and the truck was fixed. It cost $14000+ to fix which was just under the price it would have taken to total it. Believe it or not, the truck rode just as nicely after the repairs but we sold it anyway soon after.
Old 11-23-2008, 04:30 AM

Spoke with insurance yesterday......The other driver is 100% at fault. He has the same insurance company as me which is convenient as far as communication but they will be looking out for themselves.......He has the state minimum liability which will not cover the damage to our car, so our insurance will have to pick it up.......Our insurance pays her medical bills.......They say they will reimburse expenses too, like my lost wages.......She is unable to pick up the baby so I had to stay home from work yesterday.....This of course is assuming I just got through insurance and dont hire an attorney.........
Old 11-23-2008, 07:54 AM

As is everyone else, I'm glad your wife is going to be OK. I'm sorry about your HHR, but it's amazing to see the passenger compartment intact. Just as it was designed to do.
Brwbier
Old 11-23-2008, 10:04 AM

Glad Your Wife Is Ok , Give Her Some Extra Hugs If She Isnt Too Sore.
Old 11-23-2008, 10:46 AM

Best wishes to your wife.
As for the car..Its totalled, with that kind of front end damage, there IS going to be a wrinkle in the sides or roof on the body somewhere and once they see that they should deem it totalled.
I'm sure you could pick up a very nice HHR of the 07-08 range for what they will give you for this, if you are able to stay on top your regular bills while she is down and you miss work.
My 99 base model caravan just got rear ended a month ago and it was totaled, I am going next week to pick up the 98 Jaguar with 100k less miles on it I'm buying with the insurance money from it. They will give you the money for the vehicle, plus missed time from work, plus some stes give 3X the medical, also for a mother to be unable to lift or hold a child is looked at as a Very important thing in some states so they may give you a lil bit for missed bonding. I'm no lawyer but we've been hit more than our fair share and usually you come out on top.
Good luck to you and again wish your wife (and the family) a speedy and full recovery.

Did you happen to get any pics of the inside? How did the dash and front foot areas hold up? Any interior panels dislodge and fly around inside the car at all?
Old 11-23-2008, 07:03 PM

I didnt get any interior shots and I apologize......I had an unhappy 4 month old with me so I was rushing but the compartment and interior was completely intact......not even a cracked panel. The adjuster is supposed to do his thing tomorrow so I should know........They told me if its totaled, NADA + sales tax........The was an LT2 fully optioned except for onstar which is about 15200........according to the looking I have done I can definitely get an 07 LS........hopefully an LT with reasonable mileage.........I dont want another 2.4 though.........LT1 will have to be it I guess
Old 11-24-2008, 08:26 AM

I got the accident report this morning. The guy that hit her has between 15 and 20 driving violations, carries the state minimum insurance and does not own a home........

cant get blood from a stone

The vehicle she hit was an 06 Explorer Sport Trac, then after, she hit an 07 Saturn
Old 11-24-2008, 09:04 AM

Glad your wife will recover. Good luck with getting the vehicle replaced. Stay strong.
Puts a lot more "Thanks" into Thanksgiving this year.

Last edited by RkyMtnHHR; 11-25-2008 at 09:02 AM.

Quick Reply: [PICS] Wrecked the HHR