General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

06 HHR's DO HAVE REAR WINDOW BUTTONS!

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2007, 08:24 PM

Talking 06 HHR's DO HAVE REAR WINDOW BUTTONS!

After a year and a half of owning an HHR, I did not think I had rear window buttons on the back doors so I started an earlier thread asking about it, and wondering if the '08 HHR's would have them. Thanks to Captain Howdy and Black Rose, I learned that Yep, I DO HAVE REAR WINDOW BUTTONS!!!..

BOY DO I FEEL STUPID!!!

I was told when I bought the car that those buttons next to the handle on the rear doors were the automatic DOOR locks!!!!!! THAT JUST GOES TO SHOW HOW MUCH YOU CAN LEARN ON THE FORUMS! Okay, I am going to go dye my hair blonde now........
Old 06-20-2007, 08:27 PM
Banned

ur not the only one pal
Old 06-20-2007, 08:36 PM

I guess you never go in the back, eh?
We have a Katy. She found the buttons quick enough
Viva Los forums!
Old 06-20-2007, 08:45 PM
Banned

Don't feel stupid. Things like that can be overlooked if you don't usually ride in the rear and they are in the exact same spot as the front lock buttons.
Old 06-20-2007, 09:58 PM

When I went to pick up my wife tonight, right after I made that post about the rear window switches, I was sitting at the mall with my arm twisted in behind my seat checking that they were windows switches and not lock switches

Along with that story was my learning that the lockout button in the front works for the back window switches, not the front ones.

I was like "WTF is the use of a lockout switch if I can still operate the back windows from up front? Blah Blah Blah BlahBlahBlah. Oh duh!!!! It's for the people riding in my back seat". Man talk about feeling like a total doorknob

Cool, the sleeping pills are kicking in and I can still type whole words.
Old 06-20-2007, 10:04 PM

What buttons?
Old 06-20-2007, 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by Black Rose
When I went to pick up my wife tonight, right after I made that post about the rear window switches, I was sitting at the mall with my arm twisted in behind my seat checking that they were windows switches and not lock switches

Along with that story was my learning that the lockout button in the front works for the back window switches, not the front ones.

I was like "WTF is the use of a lockout switch if I can still operate the back windows from up front? Blah Blah Blah BlahBlahBlah. Oh duh!!!! It's for the people riding in my back seat". Man talk about feeling like a total doorknob

Cool, the sleeping pills are kicking in and I can still type whole words.

i thought the same thing about the lock out switch when I first got mine. I thought it was broke because the windows went down when I puched the front button. Then I found out what I thought was for the door locks in the back were actually the window buttons
Old 06-21-2007, 06:01 AM

I see some folks didn't fully check out their new ride before signing the paperwork.
Old 06-21-2007, 06:23 AM

It's a common mistake, no need to feel stupid. I had my 07 for three weeks before somebody on this site pointed it out to me.

I didn't feel stupid about it, because I've never ridden or even sat in the back seat. It's natural to assume the back door handles are identical to the front ones.
Old 06-21-2007, 11:55 AM

I knew right away mine had window buttons somewhere in the back, my 5 year old daughter put the window down as soon as she got in it for the first time.

Quick Reply: 06 HHR's DO HAVE REAR WINDOW BUTTONS!