General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

06 HHR's DO HAVE REAR WINDOW BUTTONS!

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2007, 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by MrVette
I knew right away mine had window buttons somewhere in the back, my 5 year old daughter put the window down as soon as she got in it for the first time.
It's funny how much smarter kids are than adults huh. :twothumbs

Alan
Old 06-22-2007, 12:18 AM

I knew right away mine had window buttons somewhere in the back, my 5 year old daughter put the window down as soon as she got in it for the first time.

Yepper, them 5yr olds are smart and curious, helps a lot. I tried to hook up the seat belt strap ( the one that adjust the belt for children) to give my daughter and grandaughter a ride,had one heck of a time. Daughter was getting antsi, I think the grandaughter too, grandaughter just took it and placed it on the belt, fastin belt and said there pappy.
Old 06-22-2007, 12:24 AM

Location: Fresno, California (formerly of Modesto, Ca. -- hometown of George Lucas, formerly of Winnipeg, Mb.)
DOH!!!!

All I can do is shake my head and bang it on my desk multiple times. When we go out with the sister and brother-in-law, I usually let my SIL sit inthe front seat with my wife and I sit in the back.

I would tell her to lower the window a tad, and even though I noticed the buttons on the handle, I thought they were for the door locks too.

To qoute an SNL character.. "... now isn't that special!"
Old 06-22-2007, 09:51 AM

We had my wife's Cobalt 8 months before realizing it had a remote trunk release on the dash. I read all the manuals of every car I buy, but must have been daydreaming when I got to that part. Reminds me of that old saying..."Of all the things I have lost, I miss my mind the most."
Old 06-22-2007, 07:24 PM

Ahhh, someone to program the VCR. AND to remove those child proof caps.

-JJ
Old 06-22-2007, 07:50 PM

In defense of us old folks, kids are the ones riding in the backseat, so it's not surprising they figured out the window buttons first. Now about those child-proof caps...
Old 06-23-2007, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by Heritage07
In defense of us old folks, kids are the ones riding in the backseat, so it's not surprising they figured out the window buttons first. Now about those child-proof caps...
Good answer, Heritage! How many of us ever sit in the back seat?

I let my son drive the HHR the other night and remembered how I hate passenger seats that are not power. I usually adjust the front of the seat up higher than standard and there's no adjustment for that on the passenger side. I always feel like I'm sliding out of the seat.
Old 06-23-2007, 01:26 PM

The most UNREAD manual in the world is a new car owner's manual.
Old 06-23-2007, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by Heritage07
My mother used to call them adult-proof caps.

"Here kid, open this for your poor old decrepit mother"
Old 06-23-2007, 08:01 PM

I was one of those children that had to take medication on a daily bases. My mother would put the pills on the 2nd from the top shelf to keep them out of kids reach. (I was the oldest of 7).

One day I needed to take my medication. I asked my mom to get the pill bottle and she told me to go ahead. So my brother, who had climbed up on the counter to get something for a sandwich, pulled out my medication and asked me if that was what I needed and gave me the bottle.

My mother froze and then realized the futility of her ways.

-JJ

Quick Reply: 06 HHR's DO HAVE REAR WINDOW BUTTONS!