General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

06' Spring Edition found

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2009, 11:48 AM

06' Spring Edition found

I'm new to the HHR network so a warm "Hello". Depending on the this topic, I might have a HHR to add to my signature?

I recently came across someone with a 2006 Spring Edition with cloth interior and 2.4L w/auto trans that is bone stock with very low miles on it. Its for sale by original owner and always in the garage.
Book values range from $11K to $16K so not sure how the HHR values hold or not? From this site I've learned the Spring Edition is rare (2300) but does it hold value any better since it looks like all the options only available on the 2006 SE are now available on current models? Just wondering what your HHR Experience can offer here? I'm looking for a newer car and HHR's were on the list but it will just be 'driver' vehicle. I can't buy a new one so close to new used is my ticket. I guess if the price is good, its a good chance to get something a little 'rare' and 'like' brand new even though 3.5yrs since produced. Thanks.
Old 11-18-2009, 12:40 PM

AN SE model was my second choice. I managed to find one at the same time I found mine (both 5 speeds). They are one of the rarest models other that ones like the SS Panel or SS AA5 models.

Personally I think the 06's have less issues than some of the newer ones for some strange reason.
Old 11-19-2009, 06:04 AM

I guess the more pointed question is:

"is this a good find for the money if he takes around $11-$12K for it"? (obviously there is some personal opinion esp with the victory red!). It has less than 10K miles.
Old 11-19-2009, 06:11 AM

It's value is more of what you are willing to pay for it. Looks like a good find. I'd run a KBB for your area though and see the book values as a start.
Old 11-19-2009, 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by solman98
It's value is more of what you are willing to pay for it. Looks like a good find. I'd run a KBB for your area though and see the book values as a start.
I agree and expect thats the general answer. Just wasn't sure being new to the HHR world if the SE was really anything anyone found to be 'valuable'...I guess not. No big deal...it seems like a nice 'almost brand new' car for the money. I could go get an Aveo for $10K - puke!
Old 11-19-2009, 08:46 AM

Yeah, with 10k miles, that's really good!

For a reference point, I paid $10,900 for my 2006 1LT with 33k miles on it back in February.

So I think one the same age with that kind of mileage would be worth more than mine.
Old 11-19-2009, 08:59 AM

Value?

Originally Posted by Jazz
I guess the more pointed question is:

"is this a good find for the money if he takes around $11-$12K for it"? (obviously there is some personal opinion esp with the victory red!). It has less than 10K miles.
Car values are different depending on where you live. Try getting an online 'blue book' value for the car in your zip code. $11-$12k is a good price around here. The collectable value may only be seen (& envied) by your peers here at HHR.net
Old 11-19-2009, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by HHR_style
Car values are different depending on where you live. Try getting an online 'blue book' value for the car in your zip code. $11-$12k is a good price around here. The collectable value may only be seen (& envied) by your peers here at HHR.net
"Collectable value...by your peers..." Well put!

I have some homework to do on here tonight since my only other concern is gas mileage...looks like lots of input threads so I'll do some reading later. I drive 90 miles a day and really want to get all the funcitonallity of the HHR with close to 30mpg. 2.4L w/ auto doing 85%+ highway I think I'll be ok? I drive a 1996 Caprice (for over 1 yr now) and I get 22mpg with that - every tank for 35K miles. I'm confident my driving style (cruise at 72) can offer good numbers but only real time driving can answer that!
Old 11-19-2009, 07:50 PM

i have a spring edition and in my opinion an SS would be more desirable than mine but i do like the car and while u may be able to get all the options on the 09's its rare to see a victory red with silver stripe and the 2 tone int. as far as gas milage my hhr has never got 30mpg and i have the 2.4 w/auto. in my opinion the gearing they use defeats the gas milage. i had a cobalt 2.2w/5spd that i got 41mpg with no mods driving 60mph. this one i can get 27mpg at best. but then again i got 32 in the 2.2 rental i had. but for $11k with 10k miles its a good deal.....if u ever go to trade it in....it will only be worth $7700.
Old 11-21-2009, 07:21 AM

"...$7700 on trade-in" --- ouch! No issue though, since married and kids I don't see any more New Car purchases in my future so no trade-ins. If I want anything that 'feels' new, I gotta go hunt down the used deal. I like the the hunt though.

I talked with a family friend yesterday, she has a 100 mile/day commute in her 06' LT (not sure if 2.4?). 50/50 mix of highway/city and she says after 88K miles she consistently gets 27mpg (says told me to forget about 30!) Thats pretty close though. I can't have everything I want!

Quick Reply: 06' Spring Edition found