General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

'07 Panel review from AJC

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2007, 09:18 AM

'07 Panel review from AJC

Today's edition of the Atlanta Journal Constitution auto section did a decent review of the HHR Panel. The print edition has a nice GM provided photo of a red panel. It's interesting that in the GM provided photo, the fishing pole antenna is NOT shown, it is removed. The review can be seen at;
http://www.ajc.com/cars/content/prin...view0615a.html

Regards,
Pat
Old 06-15-2007, 10:34 AM

Thanks. Nice enough review. I did not see any photo though.

Here's hoping GM sells enough of these to make further development worthwhile. It seems the HHR is doing well to my eye as I see more and more each day. Not like last year when I'd do a two hundred mile trip and see twenty plus PT cruisers and not one HHR. Now my area alone holds more than I can keep track of!

I guess it helps having a large number of Chevy dealers around, also I constantly see HHRs on the Chrysler/Kia lot, and '07s at that?!
Some one should have a panel on their lot soon
Old 06-15-2007, 12:24 PM

Yeah, the online review does not show the photo, just the print version has a photo.

I too am beginning to see more and more HHR's in my travels. I'm sure some are rentals, but hey, had I not first rented one, I would not have purchased one. One can only hope that the HHR sells enough vehicles to stay in the product mix. I have to say, that GM is certainly not doing their best at marketing the thing, in any media form. I actually think that the best move GM made was getting the HHR into the rental fleets. I know three people that purchased HHR's based upon their rental experience.

Even with the glut of rental HHR's in the used market, I have only seen two on used car lots near me and neither was an x-rental. One at a Toyota store and one at a used car dealer that specializes in high end sales. Both were loaded 2006 2LT, in the $16-17k range. So people that are buying must be hanging on to them.

I've owned cars in the past that lost the support of their manufacturer, even though they had a healthy following, Pontiac GTO and Mercury Merkur XR4Ti. I hope I don't own another one.

Regards,
Pat
Old 06-15-2007, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by RaceOn
Yeah, the online review does not show the photo, just the print version has a photo.

I too am beginning to see more and more HHR's in my travels. I'm sure some are rentals, but hey, had I not first rented one, I would not have purchased one. One can only hope that the HHR sells enough vehicles to stay in the product mix. I have to say, that GM is certainly not doing their best at marketing the thing, in any media form. I actually think that the best move GM made was getting the HHR into the rental fleets. I know three people that purchased HHR's based upon their rental experience.

Even with the glut of rental HHR's in the used market, I have only seen two on used car lots near me and neither was an x-rental. One at a Toyota store and one at a used car dealer that specializes in high end sales. Both were loaded 2006 2LT, in the $16-17k range. So people that are buying must be hanging on to them.

I've owned cars in the past that lost the support of their manufacturer, even though they had a healthy following, Pontiac GTO and Mercury Merkur XR4Ti. I hope I don't own another one.

Regards,
Pat
I'm with you there. I drive Corvairs, so I know orphan cars quite well!

We bought our loaded '06 for 20K used w/8k on it last April. Been a good car except for the ignition jamming/tranny interlock problem. That was repaired under warranty. 26k on it now and we still love it as it remains a really tight fun automobile.

My insurance agent had your Merkur at the same time I bought my '89 SHO. I kept mine twelve years, he sold his within two. Seemed like a great ccar though.

Yeak Chevy seems to not really know how to market the HHR. They bothered to build it, you'd think they would know how to advertise it. When Andy Dick advertised it on Leno, I almost threw up

I knew nothing of it until I stumbled upon one on a dealer's lot. The sales people at the lot knew how to sell it, just let me take it for a ride!
That's how I bought the SHO, the Ford guy said "take it for the afternoon." Man, what a selling technique!