General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

08 hhr ls

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 04:35 AM

08 hhr ls

I purchased a new '08 LS back in July of last year. I was very happy with this car until about 5 months ago, that's when it all started down hill. I brought the car back (7) times within a couple of months for the same problem - TPM system problems. They replaced all the sensors and the receiving unit that is inside the car. This did not solve my problem. The sensors continued dropping out. One morning on the way to work, my instrument cluster froze at 45 MPH. That had to be replaced. They also replaced the steering column because of excessive noise coming from that area. Also, when it is cold outside, the front suspension make a lot of noise, to solve this, they replaced the sway bar ends and bushings. Well, this did not solve the problem!

I filed suit against GM based on Michigan's Lemon Law and won the law suit. As of yesterday, I no longer own the HHR.
Old 03-17-2009, 06:35 AM

Congrats on winning the lemon law case. Too bad your HHR caused so much trouble, but sure sounds like it had some weird electrical gremlins.
Old 03-17-2009, 07:33 AM

glad you won! my parents had so many problems with a chrysler van of theirs, but as far as i know, it didn't go so well getting it considered a lemon. They live in Michigan too.