General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

10 Worst autos for 2007

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2007, 07:46 AM

10 Worst autos for 2007

Do you agree?

http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2...08/070037.html
Old 11-20-2007, 07:58 AM

Seems a little incorrect to me! Stated that the engine in the Ion should be "for agricultural use only" ??? The ecotec is one of the best engines out there today! Also says the H3 is slow with its 220HP five cylinder engine. Funny how they don't mention the available V8!
Old 11-20-2007, 11:00 AM

For the most part I agree with it. But the Trailblazer, granted old school is better than any of the wannabee FWD/AWD midsize SUV's out there. At least it's more like a truck than any of the rest them, Nox/Torrent/Vue included. It can handle work. The rest are just wagons IMO (HHR included).

Uplander, granted it's "style" is not great IMO. But they can handle their own on the road. We have 100's in our fleet and they are tough.
Old 11-20-2007, 11:22 AM

GM or any of the auto manufacturers do not know how to build an inexpensive car, but do know how to build a CHEAP car.
Old 11-20-2007, 06:14 PM
Banned

GM is laughing all the way to the bank. The GMT-360 SUVs are market leaders and have been some of the most profitable vehicles they've made in years. Aspen/Sebring/Compass are also twin experiments that really haven't cost the company much in development costs because they were developed alongside other twin cars.

Ion is being reborn as Astra. The Ion was a great, reliable car and most will still be on the road long after the Civics and Corollas of today have rusted away.

TTAC is a domestic-hating, hubris-filled website. The authors and contributors to the site would like nothing more than to see the Big Three ground into dust and sprinkled into Lake Michigan. Their mantra is "Everyone should drive a Camcord, no matter if the engine's going to blow up or the transmission's going to fall out of the car!"
Old 11-20-2007, 06:21 PM

That was great for a laugh. It's amazing how consumer perception can be completely off based with fact.
Old 11-20-2007, 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by hhrcrafty
TTAC is a domestic-hating, hubris-filled website. The authors and contributors to the site would like nothing more than to see the Big Three ground into dust and sprinkled into Lake Michigan.
I believe you are correct. Based on the "tone" of their reports, it is most obvious they are biased. I'm gald I'm not the only one that sees it.
Old 11-20-2007, 09:13 PM

I agree with most of them: Aspen, H2, Uplander, Nitro, Aveo, Compass.

Uplander looks like a bad joke, in my humble opinion... but I'm sure many people think our HHR's look silly, so...

I think they're spot-on about the Nitro and Compass, both of which are more or less competitors to the HHR (Compass more so than Nitro).

Where they got that bleh against the ecotec is anyone's guess. Ecotec is a fine little engine. A tad raspy under throttle, but there are some of us me included who like to hear the engine make some noise going under hard throttle, and not just sound like a sewing machine.
Old 11-20-2007, 10:04 PM

you get what you pay for. dont buy a 10,000 dollar aveo for mileage and expect it to keep up with a vette and pull the 20' ski boat to the lake
Old 11-21-2007, 07:28 AM
Banned

Funny thing is, everyone I've talked to who has an Aveo loves 'em. Can't say the same for Kias and Hyundais.

I really can't figure out why people rip so hard on the Hummers. The H2 is nothing more than a Chevy Tahoe with a boxy body. It doesn't pollute any more than any other full-size SUV out there. The H3 is a Chevrolet Colorado with a wagon body instead of a cab/bed. It's actually a very efficient design and the Atlas 5-cylinder has more than enough power for everyday driving and even off-road use. I'd sooner take one into the back country than any current production Jeep out there.

Quick Reply: 10 Worst autos for 2007