General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

2007 HHR Order

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2006, 04:45 AM

2007 HHR Order

Do any of the members know if dealers in Texas are taking orders for 07's?

We just purchased a Chevrolet and took delivery on June 10 and told the dealer we were also going to purchase an HHR. We even sent him a build sheet with exactly what we wanted.

Lazily, the salesperson tried to find a "match" instead of taking us seriously and after proposing to sell us what he believed to be a "match", upon our rejection of the "match", he has never made an effort to contact us about placing an order or about the 0% financing offer.

My wife has dropped build sheets off at 2 other Chevrolet dealerships and neither of them has apparently taken us seriously enough to take an order or contact us about the 0% financing offer.

Does anyone know why factory spoilers are only available on certain colors?

Thanks!

Nomad56
Old 07-04-2006, 08:15 AM

Hate to be to one to ask this, but why is this front page news?
Old 07-04-2006, 09:16 AM

Agreed. I'm sure JonyyB will move this to the appropriate place. Like everyone else here though, it'll take a while to cruise your way around the forum. Just like finding all the buttons when you first got your HHR. At least for me anyway As far as the 07's, you may want to check back with your dealer in August Nomad. The 07's usually start advertising between August and September.
Old 07-04-2006, 09:17 AM

Nomad...to the best of my knowledge, the dealers are not taking orders at this time, however, I could be wrong. Your best bet would be to call GM directly and ask them for this information. It certainly is sad that the dealers feel the need to not respond to your request for information. Obviously, they are too busy clearing out their 2006 models and promoting the 0% financing deal now, that "money down the road" is taking a back seat to "money in their pocket now". Sad...but probably true.

The spoilers can be ordered for any HHR model, but don't appear on the build sheet. If they are not one of their stock colors, a pre-painted primer one is shipped to the dealer and it is painted to match your car and installed by the dealer.

HHRoc...Like you...Nomad56 is a relatively new member...and along with that comes the question on where to post. As time goes on, new members will become more familiar with which boards are the best place to put their questions or ideas. I know when I was new here, I had to be a time or two, until I learned my way around. If the admin/mods feel that this belongs on a different board, they have the capabilities of moving it there and leaving a link here for a bit. My general rule of thumb if I'm not sure where a post belongs, is to put it on the general board if it is HHR related, or in the lounge for all non-HHR stuff or just chit chat stuff.

We all learn together and that's what makes this forum such a great place to be.

to both of you from everyone at chevyhhr.net. We look forward to seeing you around the boards, both helping to answer questions and sharing ideas about our common interest...the Chevrolet HHR.
Old 07-04-2006, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by Nomad56
My wife has dropped build sheets off at 2 other Chevrolet dealerships and neither of them has apparently taken us seriously enough to take an order or contact us about the 0% financing offer.

Does anyone know why factory spoilers are only available on certain colors?

Thanks!

Nomad56
First off Welcome to the site.

Where are you in Texas? I'm sure some of us close to you could pass along info about good/bad dealer experiences.
Old 07-04-2006, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by TX-HHR
First off Welcome to the site.

Where are you in Texas? I'm sure some of us close to you could pass along info about good/bad dealer experiences.
I'm in Panola County.
The HHR I will order is for my wife.

I have an '06 3SS SSR Factory Tu-tone 1/32 produced.

For those complaining about me posting on the Front Page News - Sorry!

It seems it should be Front Page News when Chevrolet Dealers lack the responsiveness the make a sale and yet GM wonders why it's losing market share!

Cheers!

Nomad56
Old 07-04-2006, 10:26 AM

Welcome to Chevy HHR. The place where the points don't matter, yep, they don’t matter just like a PT.

Enjoy the site. And if you have questions, there is a search button on the tool bar above, which a lot of the items fall under already.

We like Pics around here, there is some good how to's and interesting mods (modifications. like the doorknobs, lower grille and upper grille, intakes, and lots of others.

Enjoy your stay :twothumbs and

Free Membership Membership to ChevyHHR.net is FREE and will always be free, but if you really want to be a part of the team, you can help support the site with Premium Membership.

You can only get into the Dungeon by joining then upgrading. If your not a member yet, joining is quick and easy. Then upgrading is the next step. Keep in mind that in "The Dungeon Premium Members Only. Anything goes!
VISITORS AND REGULAR MEMBERS DON’T SEE THIS FORUM ---NOT WORK SAFE----"

Besides contributing to the development of the site, Premium Membership will allow you to :
- Upload profile pictures
- Upload attachments (pics) directly in threads
- Access to the Premium Members Only forums.
- Premium Membership status under your username
- ChevyHHR.net decal shipped to your address

Tell em TomsHHR “The Deer Slayer” sent ya!!
Old 07-04-2006, 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by Nomad56
It seems it should be Front Page News when Chevrolet Dealers lack the responsiveness the make a sale and yet GM wonders why it's losing market share!

Cheers!

Nomad56
Thing is though, the 0% is to get rid of dealer stock. I think you'll find that most special offers are only available if you take a vehicle from dealer stock. I could be wrong though.

The 2006 model year just stopped production last week so I would think that they would start taking orders after they finalize any changes to the line they might need to make.

I would never defend an unresponsive dealer, but they may not have wanted to waste yours and their time taking an order for a car they couldn't deliver as many don't even know what changes are being made.

When we bought one for my wife this past week, I knew more about the HHR than even the sales manager. For some reason the sales force, at least at the two dealers I've been to just don't have much knowledge about the HHR. Could be because its considered an economy, at least in price (under $25,000), its not high on their priority list.

Hope this helps and welcome!

BTW, not front page news in my opinion, nothing new about uncaring salespeople!!
Old 07-04-2006, 02:05 PM

As of right now you can not order a 2007 HHR. I went online and tried and it does not even have that option. Since they will probzlly be making other changes other than paint colors I do not see how any dealer would even try to place an order for an 07.
Old 07-04-2006, 06:19 PM

Technically you could order one. The only way to do it would be through having a dealer add it to their '07 allocation. More importantly- 07's don't qualify for 0% and you must take delivery by tomorrow. But hey, if you're willing to drive up to Colorado, I'd be happy to add it to my allocation!

Quick Reply: 2007 HHR Order