General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

2010 hhr ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2009, 06:32 PM

2010 hhr ?

Hey guys. 1st timer. Just found this great site! I'm looking to buy a new HHR.
Any word out about new colors or options for the 2010, or, if and when there is even gonna be a 2010? Might just buy a 2009 anyway. They're too cool!
Old 02-16-2009, 08:46 PM

2010???

there may not be a gm in 2010.
Old 02-16-2009, 09:18 PM

With sluggish sales I expect few changes. We may see some small ones at best. small trim and minor interior options are the best we will see. Chevys money is going to the Volt and Cruze right now.

With the way the economy is and with the auto market not likely to recover any time soon we will see some thing not though possible in the next few years.

GM will be around but the look of GM will be forever changed.

I would make a good deal on the 09 this spring you will never get one cheaper.

If there is a large carry over of 08 and 09 HHRS there may not be a 2010 model. That is not to say there would not be a HHR for sale but if inventories are way over stocked there will be no rush to build a new year model.

GM is in save money anywhere they can mode right now and making more cars with full storage lots is not helping.

GM already will cut G8 imports [except the GXP] and will not offer a 09 Astra since inventories are so full.
Old 02-16-2009, 09:20 PM
Banned

There will probably be some new colors and hopefully Bluetooth. 2010 and maybe '11 will most likely be the last years of production. Maybe some new special editions will come out too. Orlando or some wagon version of the Cruze will replace the HHR eventually.
Old 02-16-2009, 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by hhrcrafty
hopefully Bluetooth.
Bluetooth is available on the 09s
Old 02-16-2009, 09:33 PM

i predict the hhr will make it to 2013 at least.
Old 02-17-2009, 02:34 AM

It was said that GM will offer less interior choices on the new models..all vehicles....how this will play out for options is anybodies guess.
Old 02-17-2009, 05:52 AM

How long the HHR will live depends on sales. IF they are stonger than most other Chevys it might get a year or two like the Impala.

The problem is there will be many GM models cut to save cost as they have too many now.

You will still have all the same options but you will get only say three choices of an HHR? The HHR may come in Stripped, Medium and Loaded configuration. You will not be able to mix or match smaller opotions with each model as you do now.

A good example is if you buy a SS your only option choice may be Auto or Manual tranny. You may haver to get the sun roof like it or not.

Of if you get a LS you may have to take some options now that you may not have to buy now.

It is cheaper to build a cars with the same options now vs many different one. We already see that in many cars already.

Just as many of the standard options in the HHR like power windows. It is cheaper to put them in all of them vs offering cranks.
Old 02-17-2009, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by hyperv6
How long the HHR will live depends on sales. IF they are stonger than most other Chevys it might get a year or two like the Impala.

The problem is there will be many GM models cut to save cost as they have too many now.

You will still have all the same options but you will get only say three choices of an HHR? The HHR may come in Stripped, Medium and Loaded configuration. You will not be able to mix or match smaller opotions with each model as you do now.

A good example is if you buy a SS your only option choice may be Auto or Manual tranny. You may haver to get the sun roof like it or not.

Of if you get a LS you may have to take some options now that you may not have to buy now.

It is cheaper to build a cars with the same options now vs many different one. We already see that in many cars already.

Just as many of the standard options in the HHR like power windows. It is cheaper to put them in all of them vs offering cranks.
, Nissan,Toyota,Honda already do this. Why Ford,GM,Chrysler haven't made this change yet is beyond me. I guess next year they will be on the same page.
Old 02-17-2009, 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by VictorySpark08
, Nissan,Toyota,Honda already do this. Why Ford,GM,Chrysler haven't made this change yet is beyond me. I guess next year they will be on the same page.
Ford also simplified their model choices long ago. When I bought my 2001 Mustang, you had 2 choices if you wanted a V-8: Base (Deluxe) GT (Deluxe) or Loaded (Premium) GT. Besides the exterior color, your only option on either was transmission-auto or stick.

GM was doing this a long time ago too but not domestically. When I bought my Opel Manta (at the Buick garage) in 1973, there were three versions of the Manta - Base, Rallye and Luxus. Only options on all of them were exterior color, sunroof and manual or auto trans.

Quick Reply: 2010 hhr ?