General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

2010 hhr ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2009, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by VictorySpark08
, Nissan,Toyota,Honda already do this. Why Ford,GM,Chrysler haven't made this change yet is beyond me. I guess next year they will be on the same page.
The American companies have done this from time to time model to model.

They seem to abandon it to be able to offer cars as people want them. Or even order tha cars as people want them as this is an option most Asian
Do not offer this due to it being difficult to do this with imports.

This is not a new concept at all to American companies just it was not as wide spread and you did still have the order option.

Packages still have been in place like the V6 package in the 08 LT2 Malibu. If you bought this package you had to take Certain options as part of the package. Over all it was a good deal as it made it a LTZ mecahnically but was sold a greater discount.

We got a LT2 with a V6 duel exhaust, 18" wheeles, leather interior and just about all the other goodies less the power passenger seat, six disc changer and sun roof for just over $20K. Then I was able to take $1K off of that too. The LTZ was near $4K more.

Package deals in GM do add some great value to your deal if they are offered on the model your looking at.
Old 02-17-2009, 04:59 PM
Banned

Actually, the opposite is true for Honda. I just had a friend who bought a Fit because they could add the options they wanted without being stuck in a mandatory package like the Cobalt. I don't really know how they could pare down the HHR interior choices any less. You only have the choice of black, gray, or cashmere now, all with gray headliners. You used to be able to get gray, graphite, saddle, blue, red, and green interiors in wider abundance.
Old 02-20-2009, 02:58 PM

I love my HHR, and would hate to see it go away. If they do not bring them back in '10 , I wonder if the HHR will become an eventual GM classic, and the re-sale value will rise?

If GM does not produce HHR's, I will probably trade HHRvey in for an Equinox in a few years. From what I have read about the re-designed '10 Equinox, it will get the same MPG as my 2006 HHR , automatic, 1LT gets now. I would most likely trade for a '11 Equinox and give GM a year to debug the new, 2010 model.
Old 02-20-2009, 03:16 PM

I think the HHR will be around for awhile still. To many companies are buying them for their Fleet Vehicles. Coke, Miller Brewing, Geek Squad are just a few.

My county Sheriff's Department is also using them instead of all patrol cars. They are really cute.

Dianah
Scott's Wife
Old 02-20-2009, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by HHRvey
I love my HHR, and would hate to see it go away. If they do not bring them back in '10 , I wonder if the HHR will become an eventual GM classic, and the re-sale value will rise?

If GM does not produce HHR's, I will probably trade HHRvey in for an Equinox in a few years. From what I have read about the re-designed '10 Equinox, it will get the same MPG as my 2006 HHR , automatic, 1LT gets now. I would most likely trade for a '11 Equinox and give GM a year to debug the new, 2010 model.
You will have the HHR around till 2011 or into 2012.

THe HHR may be a classic in about 30+ Years.

Don't expect too much in value since they have made over 300,000 of them. They are not exactly rare.

The one to have would be the SS if anything as there are less than 7,000 around at this point.
Old 02-25-2009, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by hyperv6
THe HHR may be a classic in about 30+ Years.
Well, I can't agree with that one.... I have a hard time saying that a Chevette, Citation, or Pinto is really a classic...just because it's old...
Old 02-25-2009, 04:32 PM

yeah but the body style is iconic at least to me.
Old 02-25-2009, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by CrazyCarKid
Well, I can't agree with that one.... I have a hard time saying that a Chevette, Citation, or Pinto is really a classic...just because it's old...
Don't laugh, there are serious fan clubs out there for every type of car...Pintos, Gremlins, Pacers, Vegas, Trabants, etc., etc. Special interest seems to describe the class those are in much better than classic. In time, the HHR will probably settle somewhere in between special interest and minor classic as it's a bit more mainstream than any of the above. But they still won't be worth all that much so just have your fun now and enjoy them to the max with no collectability concerns.
Old 02-25-2009, 05:38 PM

I have to admit though, if I did have a Citation or anything else that you mentioned, I would be in those clubs!!

Sorry for comparing the HHR to those...I wasn't. I was just saying not all old cars are a '57 Bel Air

Look at how many of us love the HHR now! I'm sure many people will love them when they're older...me included!
Old 02-25-2009, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by CrazyCarKid
The HHR is going to be a classic in terms like a Corvair or Fiero. It will always have a following just due to it unique styling. ALso the Fiero and Corvair both were produced in similar numbers that have kept the prices down to make them affordable collectables for those who can't afford a Shelby or Yenko.

I show a 1985 Fiero and have more fun at shows and won more local and national events than I did with my 1968 SS Chevelle. I may never retire on its value but it draws a crowd and it is funny how many people don't know what it is since I added a few body parts like a Airdam, t top and Indy rear deck scooop.

Please don't confuse classic with valuable. I in no way see it ever being worth great money just due to the fact there are so many.

The terms rare, classic, limited and special edition are all terms that have been used and abused so much by collectors and car companies that many people don' understand their true meaning anymore.

Besides in a few years with the way the goverment is going the HHR may be a popular due to it's size. With them raising the CAFE several times before technology has caught up the new cars will get smaller and smaller. In time the HHR may be a Suburban compared to what many will be driving.

Just check out the Chevy Spark for 2012. It is near Smart car size.

Quick Reply: 2010 hhr ?