General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

5 minutes = 25hp

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2009, 10:06 AM

5 minutes = 25hp

yes , i believe..i intsalled jet brand module . it took 5 minutes . disconnect the battery , plug in , reconnect battery...my 08 2.4 auto was quick before..when i took the wooly worm cold air intake tube off , installed napa gold air filter , dynomax ultra flow "straight thru" muffler , also 0-20w oil...i saw a small increase when accelerating by each of these mods , but nothing like what i got with this module...this is not the cheap crap that makes ridiculous claims...jet has been around for years...i got both stage 1 and 2 ...i got them off ebay for half the price of new....but they were both still new in all the packaging....after i test both of them , i may sell the other on here , if anyone is interested...i got them with hopes of squeezing a few more mpgs out...my hhr was quick before but it seemed random , like it did not want to respond all the time....with the jet module it allways responds...my poor new puppy is getting beat to death back there....this is just with the stage 1...i can't wait to see what the stage 2 does...but like i said i got them to gain mpg..if i can only keep my foot out of it....i'll try to get some 0-60 times and post later , also mpg..it may take a few days for me to get them separeated.
Old 05-31-2009, 10:49 AM

Question jet brand module

catdaddy137,
Can you give me a website on the jet brand module?
Is it available for the 2.2?
Mo
Old 05-31-2009, 10:54 AM

I'd be very careful with Jet modules. All they used to do was add a ton of timing to add HP. Maybe they have refined their product but in the past if you ran them you had better be using premium fuel or you were going to ping the engine badly.
Old 05-31-2009, 11:15 AM

I sell Jet chips at work. they do increase power but not in a seat of the pants feel kind of way.

They to want you to use premium gas.

Results with all chips will vary to each model and type of engines. There are some large gains on some conservitive factory set ups and there are little gains on others that are alread tweek to the max.

These moduels are fine as long as you do not expect big gains and do not expect this gain to add on top of the gain for your intake and other bolt ons. They do not stack the HP.

Jet, Hypertech and other name brand chip are good products as long as you don't expect massive gains.

Note on Turbo an Diesel Turbo applications there are big gains just do to the increase in boost.

ALso on a 2.4 a 9-14 HP gain is more realistic in the real world. Remember their gains are under controld conditions and on a dyno.
Old 05-31-2009, 12:48 PM

jet performance

there is more info on the jet performance web site...stage 1 claims that you could actually save on fuel by using lower octane...premium is recomended for ecotecs by gm...the stage 2 does recomend premium...i'll try my best to let you guys/gals know what i think of both of them...but i have no dyno , nor do i intend to pay to get the dyno...but my mpg records are fairly accurate since i write them each day afte doing my same 275 mile route..actually i recently cut it to 265 miles....i only wish i had tested my hhr before any mods...i did record my mpg ...but haven't done any 0-60 or 1/4 mile records.