General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

5 sec lock delay

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by jx3
The lock delay has nothing to do with the key fob.
was thinking the same thing. Beats me. Its not overly important but aggravating. I'm afraid if I take it to the dealer, they'll fix it and somethng else will go bad
Old 07-06-2011, 10:53 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Lil Cheney
Even in my 07, I get out shut the door and within 5 sec, the doors lock, then if i want, hit the fob to activate the alarm. Been working in my 2010 but just noticed it not working anymore, so I have to use the fob
I would NOT want mine to lock on it's own, like that.. I can just imagine it locking & me looking inside seeing my keys..
Old 07-07-2011, 10:08 AM
Founding Member

The 5 second lock delay only works after you turn the vehicle off, pull the keys out of the ignition, open the door and then hit the lock switch on the door panel. You will hear a chime and then after you close the door the locks will engage 5 seconds later.

If you hit the door lock switch twice it locks immediately.

Last edited by ChevyMgr; 07-07-2011 at 11:39 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 07-07-2011, 11:11 AM
jx3

Originally Posted by ChevyMgr
You will here a chime and then after you close the door the locks will engage 5 seconds later.
That's after the last door is closed. Gives you time to close the driver's door, open the rear passenger door or hatch, and will lock in 5 secs. If any door remains open for 60 secs, the lock will engage with said door still being open.
Old 07-07-2011, 07:32 PM

If you found a virus that stops the car from locking on it's own, I'm all ears. I want this virus! I really can't stand a car that "thinks" for me. I'm not that stupid. If I want the locks locked, I'll lock them and vice verse. I was able to disarm my Honda's auto lock but not the one that locks the car after you hit the unlock button but don't get in. Defeats the ability to unlock the car from the house and send a kid out to the car to get something.

Jim
Old 07-09-2011, 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by Lil Cheney
I changed my alarm/horn to beep on the first hit of the fob instead of the 2nd
Lil Cheney
Thanks for the info, I changed mine yesterday and it works great. I will change my wife's tomorrow. Thanks again.

Ron
Old 09-04-2014, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by ChevyMgr
The 5 second lock delay only works after you turn the vehicle off, pull the keys out of the ignition, open the door and then hit the lock switch on the door panel. You will hear a chime and then after you close the door the locks will engage 5 seconds later.

If you hit the door lock switch twice it locks immediately.
The 09 Company Car that I drive 2-3 times a week locked yesterday within 5 seconds of me getting out. I DID NOT touch the inside lock button before exiting. This is the 3rd or 4th time it's happened to me, and another driver has had it happen twice. I was always dropping a window before exiting but the windows no longer work reliably so you must have the key in hand when getting out even for the most minute of time.
Old 09-04-2014, 11:15 AM
Banned

Sounds like a short...
Old 09-04-2014, 11:29 AM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by FJRacer
The 09 Company Car that I drive 2-3 times a week locked yesterday within 5 seconds of me getting out. I DID NOT touch the inside lock button before exiting. This is the 3rd or 4th time it's happened to me, and another driver has had it happen twice. I was always dropping a window before exiting but the windows no longer work reliably so you must have the key in hand when getting out even for the most minute of time.
Have you tried turning off the delay lock function ? Just go into the personalization menu in the DIC and if it's on, turn it off.
It's all covered in the owners manual and if you don't have one, they are on this site for reading or download.
Old 09-04-2014, 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by firemangeorge
Have you tried turning off the delay lock function ? Just go into the personalization menu in the DIC and if it's on, turn it off.
It's all covered in the owners manual and if you don't have one, they are on this site for reading or download.
I will mention it to independent mechanic that occasionally services vehicle.
I was just glad to get info on the 5 sec. delay feature. Will keep that in mind and hopefully every time I get outta the car I will remember to have key in hand.

Quick Reply: 5 sec lock delay