General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Accident

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2011, 10:53 AM
Deceased

I've thought about this for a bit and I'm wondering if any welding was done by the body shop. If they hooked it up to a MIG welder without disconnecting the battery and taking proper precautions they might have scrambled the head unit programming. Sounds like a trip to the dealer might be in order to have the head unit/BCM checked out.
Old 02-02-2011, 06:36 PM

Well, here's the deal with the radio. I got my car back on a Friday afternoon, and I drove it Friday night, Saturday night, and Sunday night for work. The radio did not work at all during these times. When I started the car, the buttons would backlight, but the screen would not come on like normal. When I hit the clock button, I got an inaccurate time that lit up on the screen for about 5 seconds, then went away. When I hit the "eject" button, the "No Disc Inserted" message would appear on the screen for 5 seconds and go away. Those were the only two buttons that would get any sort of response from the radio. I checked the fuse out of curiosity, and it was not blown. Then, Monday morning when I drove it, the radio was working intermittently. I would be driving and all of a sudden, it would go on and start working. Then, I would get out and run into the back, come back, and the radio would be dead when I got back. I scheduled an appointment at a local audio/electronic place, and was going to get it fixed. But ever since I scheduled that appointment, it has been working normal again, since Monday afternoon. Now, it almost seems like there isn't anything wrong anymore. I still did go to the appointment, but they said if the radio was working, it might be hard to find what is wrong with it. They thought I would be better off to just leave it if it has been working lately, and come back if it starts giving me trouble again. The radio has not gone out since, as I know every time it goes out because the clock resets to 12:00. But it has not done that. So, I guess I am just going to leave it be unless it starts acting up again. Maybe whatever issue it was has cleared up.

My car looks very nice and you wouldn't know that it had been in a fender bender by looking at it. The only thing is they are still waiting on the chrome rings for my headlights. I have chrome wheel well trim, and chrome headlight rings. They already put on the chrome wheel well trim, but they just placed the order for the headlight rings. I told them I would put them on myself once they get them in. So, for now, I have one headlight with a chrome ring and one without. Looks goofy... but I am still very glad to have my car back.