General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

am I missing something

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2011, 12:26 PM
Deceased

Being that Julie bought hers used Sam, she is not able to get a vehicle buyback under the Pennsylvania lemon laws, but I believe she has been given a cash settlement. If only her dealer could solve the issues she's been having since late last year.
Old 12-02-2011, 05:48 PM

Hi there,

I'll bet you anything, you and I have the same setup, if you purchased your vehicle certified used from a dealer or from a rental car agency.

With my vehicle 2011 2LT as an example, the manufacturer worked this out in the build process. The model, 2LT, would ordinarily come with the Satellite Radio, OnStar, Bluetooth, etc as standard for the model. However, Avis removed these options to save money when they made the purchase buying direct from the manufacturer.

The dealer sees that it's a model 2LT, and includes it on the list as an assumption. Had the dealer actually checked the RPO codes, they would have seen that codes were in there to OMIT those options, instead.

I'm struggling with how to deal with this right now with my own dealer. The vehicle was advertised online under that VIN with the options included. The listing has since been pulled down since the sale, but I did a screen save of it so I have a copy of it. Dealer insists I got a killer deal on the car, and he's not going to put all of those options back onto it. I'm not sure how much of an argument I really have, as I had to sign an "As Is" statement...with warranty work coming from a 3rd party.

Doesn't change the fact that I'm madly in love with "Kerenza" (it's a She), and won't be returning her for anything!

Edit: Oops! If you have a window sticker, then you bought it new and these things should have *absolutely* been included...my apologies!
Old 12-02-2011, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by Findingmeg
Hi there,

I'll bet you anything, you and I have the same setup, if you purchased your vehicle certified used from a dealer or from a rental car agency.

With my vehicle 2011 2LT as an example, the manufacturer worked this out in the build process. The model, 2LT, would ordinarily come with the Satellite Radio, OnStar, Bluetooth, etc as standard for the model. However, Avis removed these options to save money when they made the purchase buying direct from the manufacturer.

The dealer sees that it's a model 2LT, and includes it on the list as an assumption. Had the dealer actually checked the RPO codes, they would have seen that codes were in there to OMIT those options, instead.

I'm struggling with how to deal with this right now with my own dealer. The vehicle was advertised online under that VIN with the options included. The listing has since been pulled down since the sale, but I did a screen save of it so I have a copy of it. Dealer insists I got a killer deal on the car, and he's not going to put all of those options back onto it. I'm not sure how much of an argument I really have, as I had to sign an "As Is" statement...with warranty work coming from a 3rd party.

Doesn't change the fact that I'm madly in love with "Kerenza" (it's a She), and won't be returning her for anything!

Edit: Oops! If you have a window sticker, then you bought it new and these things should have *absolutely* been included...my apologies!
Window stickers come on used cars, too! Go back to the dealer with that sticker in hand, and mention "legal action" to the OWNER of the Dealership, not the General Sales Manager. The GSM is basically a A-kisser in this kind of situation, the owner probably really reads the e-mailed complaints, mine did and I got money back!