General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

American Car Craft Stainless Trim Quality?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 04:45 PM

Question American Car Craft Stainless Trim Quality?

Hello Again,

Does any one have any first hand experience with American Car Craft polished stainless exterior trim? Are they of a quality that will last the life of the car in good shape? I am thinking of the lower front grill trim, the foglight trim, as well as the little strip along the bottom edge of the rear left hatch. Are they 3-D formed pieces, or just rolled up flat stainless? Does the rear hatch piece come as a rolled up thin strip or is it thick and high quality? Many thanks for any advice. My son and I have discovered that Elvis and the Beatles sound great through the stereo. :-)

God Bless, Marc
Old 07-22-2009, 05:24 PM
jx3

I've got ACC trim pieces on the reflectors in the rear bumper. Pretty much rolled flat pieces. They were one of the first add-ons that I put on Dory, over 3 years ago, and they are still holding up very nicely.
Old 07-25-2009, 05:08 AM

I have the six piece wheel mouldings........I used the screw install method
The two on the pieces on the back doors use 3m tape to fix....Well on the pass/side it's not working...
Called them and they said they would send me out another piece for that rear door....Haven't seen it yet and it's been a month....
All places where I used screws are doing find...Looks different...I like it some don't..Trying to find chrome caps now.....that will look better with the wheel mouldings...The silver stock caps didn't look good at all so for now until someone can give me a heads up on chrome caps I rattle canned the caps black.....looks better than that dull silver stock junk..