General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

another adventure in trying to test drive.

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2007, 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by chooch
im in vancouver.....not going more then 15 miles to purchase a car.

.i just buy used private vehicles and lie about how much i paid when i go insure it.
You can tell the insurance company anything you want it has nothing to do with the cost you will pay for coverage it`s all about the year and the model.And if it ends up totaled it`s still all about the year ,condition,options and how many miles it had.
Old 10-27-2007, 11:00 AM

i pay less taxes.
Old 10-27-2007, 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by chooch
The guy took my email , cell number and promised to contact me with more info on that demo car. So far...absolutely no calls or emails. Tomorrow morning i will go as expected to that dealership and test drive the car. He specifically asked me to book an appointment at 10am
Well? what happened, did he or didn't he have the demo for you to test? Sure hope you don't lose your interest in HHR's. Not having to pay those high taxes you have in Canada makes me feel better. Guess when my ancestors finished kicked some British Butt back 1782, our taxes haven't gotten too far out of hand.
Old 10-27-2007, 08:37 PM

[QUOTE=an08HHR;207672]Well? what happened, did he or didn't he have the demo for you to test? Not having to pay those high taxes you have in Canada makes me feel better. QUOTE]

Yes, what happened? I would expect that the salesman probably ran over him.

Just to clarify a couple of things. In British Columbia we have Provincial Car Insurance (State Insurance, no private on basic coverage) that is compulsory, at time of registration and insuring a used car the Government collects Sales Taxes on the selling price. (each and every time a car is sold!!!)

Yes we have very high taxes (long story) but we get basic universal medical coverage at next to nothing. No Blue Cross needed.

[QUOTE=an08HHR;207672] Guess when my ancestors finished kicked some British Butt back 1782, our taxes haven't gotten too far out of hand./QUOTE

According to Encarta;

In 1812 the United States declared war on Britain, which was again fighting a global war against France. Both Britain and France had confiscated U.S. ships that were attempting to trade with the other side. The United States declared war on Britain and invaded Upper Canada.

American leaders expected success rather than a repeat of 1775, because most Upper Canadians had only recently come from the 13 colonies. They were wrong. Britain’s professional army, with the support of the colonial militias and indigenous allies led by Tecumseh of the Shawnee, inflicted a series of defeats on the large but ill-trained American invasion forces. In 1812 British general Isaac Brock secured the Canadian frontier at Niagara and captured Detroit.

Microsoft ® Encarta ® 2006. © 1993-2005 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Old 10-27-2007, 08:45 PM

well...the salesman called me this morning to tell me that the car was there waiting for me. I told him i didnt forget and maybe sunday a better time. The reason i did this is becuz i dont want him thinking im so very eager to buy it and have him think the ball is in his court. So, sunday at noon i will go there and drive it. He told me the car finally is going to be kept at the dealership and be polished and cleaned up. It will be kept there from now on...just like a DEMO is supposed to be. Another thing is that the HHR demo is pumpkin orange...not my fave color for a car. It was blue and selling for a good discount, then i would make an offer. THis is only the second HHR i will be test driving and i just want to compare A 175 hp LT to the very basis LS i drove.
Old 10-27-2007, 08:48 PM

p.s.--why would the salesman run over me? and with a smiley face to boot.
Old 10-27-2007, 08:57 PM

Reply to Old Ray's post above.
Don't want to change the subject, just wanted to say my wife's Grandfather was from Nova Scotia, Lunenburg area and had 2 fishing ships sunk from under him by the Germans during WW1 so he decided to move to the US. Still some relatives up there so we know about the health care system (good and bad). I had a relative in the 1812 ruckus as a drummer boy.
We also have to pay a sales tax here in Ohio each time a car is bought minus any value of a trade-in and the rate depends on which county you live in and not the county you buy the car in. The county I am in has a sales tax of 6.5%

Last edited by an08HHR; 10-28-2007 at 02:10 PM.