General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Another Place To Find HHR Road Ripper

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2006, 01:09 PM

Talking Another Place To Find HHR Road Ripper

I was out shopping today and found an HHR Road Ripper in one of the weirdest places I ever imagined I would find one. I went shopping today at Family Dollar to pick up some things I normally buy there and lo and behold in the toy section, there sat an HHR Road Ripper, screaming buy me...buy me. I picked that thing up so fast and put it in my buggy, I'm sure I scared the other lady in the same aisle.

Anyway, the one I found looks just like the one I bought at Target, except the box is blue instead of red. The best part is that is was only $12.00...which really surprised me since I paid $14.99 at Target.

I have contacted a fellow HHR owner who lives here in town to see if he's interested in purchasing it from me. If not, I'll put it up in the classified section and decide what I need for it, including shipping.

There are alot of these stores here in town, so when I pass one, I'll pop in and see if I can find any more. Will keep you all posted.
Old 06-22-2006, 08:48 PM

Deb, You always get the lucky breaks. When I see your name, I know something good is coming up , better check it out.
Old 06-22-2006, 08:54 PM

I was glad it was not the dollar store....
Old 06-22-2006, 09:21 PM

I still can't find it up here in Canada. I also have the model shop looking the dicast 1:18 scale if they will make it.
Old 06-22-2006, 09:50 PM

Black Beauty...thanks for the compliment. I try and post the really good stuff by itself when I can.

Tom...It's still a dollar store...but not everything is a dollar. Go there to spend maybe $10.00 on small stuff and walk out having spent $40.

BlackHHR...I'll keep looking for them and pick them up as I see them. There are several Target and Walmart stores between where I live and where my boyfriend lives and I'll pop in and check out if they have any. Also about 6 or 7 of the Family Dollar stores withing about 10 miles of my house, so I'll see what I can find.

Guess I need to find out how much it's going to cost to ship them in case I find more. Mike from SoCal said $12.00, but I'm not sure how he shipped it.

Again, I'll keep you posted on what I find...you know me...I'm a searchaholic and when I put my mind to finding something, I don't give up easily.

Last edited by courthousedeb; 06-23-2006 at 06:39 PM.
Old 06-22-2006, 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by courthousedeb
Black Beauty...thanks for the compliment. I try and post the really good stuff by itself when I can.

Tom...It's still a dollar store...but not everything is a dollar. Go there to spend maybe $10.00 on small stuff and walk out having spent $40.

BlackHHR...I'll keep looking for them and pick them up as I see them. There are several Targe and Walmart stores between where I live and where my boyfriend lives and I'll pop in and check out if they have any. Also about 6 or 7 of the Family Dollar stores withing about 10 miles of my house, so I'll see what I can find.

Guess I need to find out how much it's going to cost to ship them in case I find more. Mike from SoCal said $12.00, but I'm not sure how he shipped it.

Again, I'll keep you posted on what I find...you know me...I'm a searchaholic and when I put my mind to finding something, I don't give up easily.
All I can say about you is
Old 06-23-2006, 06:07 PM

You can ship small parcels (under 4 pounds and as long as the height width and length do not exceed 36 inches combined) via USPS air mail letter post for pretty cheap to Canada...cheaper in fact than shipping within the US in some cases. I know because I buy a lot on ebay. I have never seen a road ripper in person so I have no clue if it fits that criteria or not.
Old 06-23-2006, 07:07 PM

Thanks...I'll keep that in mind if I have to ship it. I'll also measure the box and see how big it is and how much it weights. Going to have to put it in another box if I end up shipping it out of state. Still waiting to hear from my friend here in town. If he's not interested, going to see if CJ is when he's here this weekend. Not sure whether he has one...or wants one if he doesn't. I should know by the end of the weekend whether I need to sell it here or not.
Old 05-18-2007, 10:11 PM

Amazon Road Ripper?

Anybody seen these . . .?

http://www.amazon.com/13-HHR-ABC-Eas...9544126&sr=8-1
Old 05-18-2007, 10:19 PM
jx3

Originally Posted by /KDUPREEM/
Plenty of posts involving the Road Rippers.....
Definately can't beat the price though!!
ROAD RIPPER SEARCH

Quick Reply: Another Place To Find HHR Road Ripper