General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Antenna

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2006, 11:31 PM

Antenna

Why didn't Chevy put the antenna on the RF fender like the PT Loser, looks so much more retro than a hump on the roof.
Old 04-07-2006, 01:55 AM

Amen Brotha - preach it! I don't even need a frenchie.
Just slap an ugly-bug right on the fender - I'll take it!

That roof mount is getting shaved...
Old 04-07-2006, 06:18 AM

Some one us like the symmetrical look of a center roof antenna. Since I use my XM Roady2 exclusively, I rather have my antenna mast removed and put a plug over it... or better, something like the shark fin on my wife's SAAB.
Old 04-07-2006, 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by SoCalHHR
Amen Brotha - preach it! I don't even need a frenchie.
Just slap an ugly-bug right on the fender - I'll take it!

That roof mount is getting shaved...
Yeah, I'm with you Mike. I'm thinking of having mine shaved too and sticking something on the fender. The center roof mount sure detracts from it's "Retro" look.
Old 04-07-2006, 09:06 AM

GM really messed up on what I call the "wart"!! Why does it have to be so BIG??

If you look at the HHR brochure, you'll see it photoshopped out!! Looks like the ad people thought it was ugly too!!

I had a friend tell me it looks like a unicorn!!

I'm looking at alternatives. I looked at some similar with a much smaller base, but with the way the roof angles down in the front, that would stand up at less of an angle. I'm keeping my eyes open and will let ya'll know if I find something.

Heck, with XM I never listen to FM anyway, so the temptation is to just shave it sometimes!

In the meantime, I got a can of color matched paint and painted it! The stubby, too. (I also did the XM blob and the rear window spray head at the back!) At least it doesn't stand out as much.
Old 04-07-2006, 09:35 AM

i got a better idea, why not put it in the windshield so there will be no holes in the car period
Old 04-07-2006, 10:46 AM

Suppose I'm one of few but I like my antenna where its at, just wish it was a more updated design then the wire wrapped around a pole. Don't care much for the look of the Stubby either so for now I deal.
Old 04-07-2006, 12:28 PM

I personally like it not on the fender. I'm happy with the current location. I'm I the first to disagree?
Old 04-07-2006, 12:40 PM

Probably not the first, but it's cool to disagree! The great thing about the HHR is that each owner can personalize it however they want!

I'd like to french my antenna into the driver's rear corner pillar above the taillights. Then mount an old school electric antenna down in the inner fender area. I think it would be cool to have it "slide up" when you start the car!
Old 04-07-2006, 03:27 PM
jx3

Originally Posted by SoCalHHR
I'd like to french my antenna into the driver's rear corner pillar above the taillights. Then mount an old school electric antenna down in the inner fender area. I think it would be cool to have it "slide up" when you start the car!
A frenched antenna would be a great mod! Even if it was in the front fender. I am going to be getting a stubby for mine shortly.

Quick Reply: Antenna