General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Antenna

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2006, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by jx3
I am going to be getting a stubby for mine shortly.
I had a stubby on mine but it didn't look right, so I cut the mast off of the stocker just where the windings start, I then glued on a small rubber cap and it looks much better. I haven't noticed any loss of reception.
Old 04-07-2006, 04:02 PM
Founding Member

I have seen another site that offers an assortment of lengths and available in other finishes. I'm opting for something different than what our Hero @ SoCalHHRs.com has to offer.
Old 04-07-2006, 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by SindyDix
I have seen another site that offers an assortment of lengths and available in other finishes. I'm opting for something different than what our Hero @ SoCalHHRs.com has to offer.
If you guys find another option - just shoot me a picture and I will get them to sell on our site. I have access to hundreds of different styles of antenna's.

Our "Stubby' is THE shortest antenna available - that's why I chose it.
I'm certain not every HHR owner will want the Stubby, and could use your help in learning what other HHR' owner's want in this area.

We can get just about anything you can imagine...
Old 04-07-2006, 04:14 PM
Banned

I'm secure in my manhood so I don't mind having the shortest antenna on the market.
Old 04-07-2006, 04:15 PM
jx3

Originally Posted by SindyDix
Are you going to keep the site your secret?
Old 04-07-2006, 04:44 PM
Founding Member

Originally Posted by SoCalHHR
We can get just about anything you can imagine...
I'll get that info for you later this evening there Mike!
Old 04-07-2006, 04:49 PM

I just checked my HHR brochure, and mysteriously there IS NO antenna on any of the pictures. That is both misleading and false advertising.

I HATE mine. At first I thought it looked kind of retro, but it is in the way when it comes to washing the car. I immediately replaced it with a stubby. I don't know how, but the base broke when I tightened the antenna (I did not use that much force, so it is a flimsey designed base). I showed it to my dealer and he replaced it for free (blamed it on the icey cold weather). Now, I was extra careful this time when I put my stubby back on, and believe it or not, a few days later I noticed the base was cracked again. Don't know if I banged it with my brush when washing the car. This time, I put a light coat of epoxy on it and painted it black, so now it is more durable (hopefully).

But, the roof is a lousy place to put a big mast antenna. I agree that it should be in the window like many other Chevys. If they then wanted the look, they should sell a roof antenna that has a magnet base
Old 04-24-2006, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by SoCalHHR
Probably not the first, but it's cool to disagree! The great thing about the HHR is that each owner can personalize it however they want!

I'd like to french my antenna into the driver's rear corner pillar above the taillights. Then mount an old school electric antenna down in the inner fender area. I think it would be cool to have it "slide up" when you start the car!
now.... THAT is old school....
Old 04-24-2006, 07:08 PM

roof mount

Originally Posted by SIHHR
I personally like it not on the fender. I'm happy with the current location. I'm I the first to disagree?
roof mount is retro! many cars and trucks had them on the roof in the fortys. chevy put it there because it is retro.
Old 04-24-2006, 07:45 PM

Antenna

Originally Posted by SIHHR
I personally like it not on the fender. I'm happy with the current location. I'm I the first to disagree?
I've got no problem with the location of the antenna either. It's not where I would have put it but it's OK.

Quick Reply: Antenna