General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Any OnStar Deals?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2009, 04:54 PM

I just got my renewal in the mail, and they say it is indeed automatic. So my only option to cancel is to call them? I've gone over the onstar site and can't find any place to cancel on line....surprise, surprise.
Old 06-28-2009, 05:26 PM
Banned

Yup, got to call them to cancel. They did offer a 12.95 a month if you pay a year at time. Told them I wasn't interested. Had it in my 2004 Silverado for about 4 years, never used it. Got the free first year trial when I bought the HHR last July. Just not worth the price.
Old 06-28-2009, 10:13 PM

Here is a bit of news to those who may have changed accounts (with the same bank) for whatever reason,voluntary, security breach, id theft...whatever. as long as you are with the same bank,even though you have a different card number you will STILL get billed for the automatic renewal.I questioned the bank on how they can give OnStar my account informaton without my permission and they said that because it was an autopay it was authorized....makes you wonder what else they are doing and not informing you............
yes,the Onstar account was cancelled after that.I think that all auto renewals should be voluntary reguardless...it should be illegal to trap people like that.. I wonder how many people who have sold their rides remembered to cancel too. My account was changed because of a security breach,so no "you should have read the fine print" crap, I knew it was up and let it go, but they had other ideas..they lost in the end, I might have negotiated if they would have asked, never now!
Old 06-01-2010, 03:36 PM

Time for OnStar renewal again. Wife's car and she likes it. Any deals available?
Old 06-01-2010, 07:49 PM

onstar

i cancelled my subscription on my 06 malibu for about 6 months and one day i got a mail flyer advertising 12.95 per month... i signed up for that till the day i bought my HHR. The great thing really in the diagnostic report or if your light comes on they will tell you whats wrong and then no charge at the dealer for reading the code at least at my service department ymmv
Old 06-17-2010, 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by wysguy
so I wonder, if they get an airbag deployment indication, and don't act on it, and someone dies as a result, are they liable for negligence? they knew the airbag popped, but didn't take any action? hmm....
We have some friends that were traveling to Mich last weekend. They have onstar but have not subscribed to it for 2 years. They were traveling south of the Macinac bridge when they had a front tire blow out, and their van rolled 2-1/2 times. Their onstar came on and mentioned the accident and had notified the authorities.

So I could only say that here is one case of it working without the subscription. All 4 people were admitted for observation but, none had any injury that required anything more than a bandaid.

My Silverado has onstar but my HHR does not, This is why I will shop for a good renewal deal also. I did not like onstar for my HHR but when it was standard in my Silverado I wish I had got it in my HHR when I bought it.
Old 06-20-2010, 11:52 PM

Glad your friends are okay, and that OnStar did the right and decent thing, even if their subscription was up. It is expensive, but the day it may come in handy, could end up being priceless! I have used the OnStar red button as a "Good Samaritan" to report dangerous debris on the road, and on one occassion when a driver was losing stuff out of the back of a truck on a major interstate. He was traveling at least 75MPH! In my opinion, the peace of mind offsets the cost.
Old 06-21-2010, 12:15 AM
Platinum Member

Bought my 08 panel from private original owner, in Aug 09

Still has On-Star working & I'm not complaining.. I'll see what happens after Aug 10...

I too while wiping off the mirror accidentally hit the button & got the operator... That was a surprise !!! new-fangled gizmos... (but in a good way)..
Old 06-21-2010, 08:46 AM

I renewed my truck for the $148.92/yr. deal. When they said 198 I told them no and I was hearing more that got the 148.92 year that is the 12.98 per month.

I was transferred to another team for the lower price.
Old 06-21-2010, 10:26 AM

They tried for $200, I said no way, if that's the best you can do then we're done.
Could you please hold? (CYPH)
I can offer you $149 but no roll over on your minutes.
No way.
CYPH
I can get you $149 and roll your minutes over.
OK bill me?
Can't, we don't bill.
OK, make a note of your offer in my account, I'll have to deposit the dough into my account and I'll call back.

2 days later...

Run around again when I called back.
CYPH 3 times...
They finally OK'd rolling my minutes over and gave me 100 free minutes.
216 minutes and 1 year for $149 - Deal

Quick Reply: Any OnStar Deals?