General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Anybody ever try these LED Headlight bulbs?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2022, 11:18 AM

I installed the GTR Lighting CSP Mini Led bulbs in my HHR's headlamps and indexed them according to these instructions as it is important to install the bulbs such that the low beam LEDs are positioned in the exact same place the low beam filament in the stock halogen bulb would be and same for the high beam LEDs..

https://goperformance.helpscoutdocs....entation-guide

The result was terrific. Afterwards, I pulled the car up on a flat surface 25 feet away from a building and examined the spread pattern on the building wall. Both the low and high beam patterns were perfect; exactly what they're supposed to be with the proper halogen bulbs installed only the LED bulbs are much brighter and will last several times longer than any halogen bulb I could buy. Has anyone else who has installed LED headlamp bulbs in their HHR ever done this? Properly checking the beam pattern produced by the LED bulbs you're using, I mean. I cannot see how any LED bulb design that makes no attempt to match LED positions to the position of the filaments in the original halogen bulb which every halogen headlamp was specifically designed to work with and focus can even come close to replicating the proper beam patterns that those headlamps were designed to produce. The evidence provided in the informative Headlight Revolution video I provided a link to earlier in this thread strongly suggests they can't and they don't. So, for those contemplating transitioning to LED headlamps, I strongly suggest you watch that Headlight Revolution video and look at all of the other information I've provided in this thread before you decide on which LED bulbs to go with. As is clearly shown in the Headlight Revolution video, there are some terrible designs out there that produce horrifically bad beam patterns when used in headlamps that were specifically designed to work with halogen bulbs so for your safety and the safety of others it's important to make a well informed choice on the LED bulb design.

In the next few days, I will try to get a photo of the high and low beam patterns I'm getting from my properly installed and oriented GTR Lighting CSP Mini Led bulbs.

One thing I have learned from this exercise is that I really need to polish my headlamp lenses. I hadn't really noticed how weathered the plastic lenses have become!
Old 03-24-2022, 01:11 PM
Administrator

My new 6 sided LED bulbs came clocked, or timed so the low beam was aligned correctly. Very bright, nobody has flashed me yet!
Old 06-15-2022, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by Oldblue
My new 6 sided LED bulbs came clocked, or timed so the low beam was aligned correctly. Very bright, nobody has flashed me yet!
what brand, part # or link ? Matching fogs?
Old 06-15-2022, 04:05 PM

Doesn't anybody bother reading threads before they ask a question answered in post #2?
Old 06-15-2022, 04:25 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Oldblue
I installed these six sided leds, no blue glare or flashing from oncoming traffic. Good price , quick delivery.

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/H13-9008-LED...-127632-2357-0

you mean here ? Donbrew,