General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Anyone Here a Member over a GM Owner Center?

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2009, 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by briand
I can't get it to register my car at all. I have a 2006 HHR which the site seems to think doesn't exist.
I've been a member for years, prior to GM switching it over to Yahoo. Simple enough, FREE, good for keeping records and reminders. When I tried to add the '06HHR . . . I had the same problem. So I emailed the site: "There is no option to add a 2006 Chevrolet HHR. Only 07-09. Can that be corrected? Thanks!" I admit it may not have been specific enough, and that resulted in an inadequate reply: "Thank you for your interest in the new Owner Center . . . yada yada . . . then, "Based on the nature of your concern, I have decided to escalate your case to the website technical support team for appropriate action. In this regard, it would be greatly appreciated if you can provide the following information required for the escalation process:
1) Vehicle Identification Number (VIN)
2) Complete address"

Huh?

What I was really trying to say was that the HHR did not appear on the dropdown menu for '06 . . . So I was more specific: "I managed to add the vehicle using the 'By VIN' tab. However, for those attempting to use the 'By Make, Model, Year' tab, the HHR does not appear as a model for the 2006 year. It appears for model years 2007-2009 only".

The reply:
"We are currently experiencing technical issues with our website. Please try again to login. We are aware of this concern that you are experiencing and we are working towards correcting it as soon as possible. Please accept our sincerest apologies at this time". (Was I having trouble logging in?)

No wonder GM is in trouble . . . they're not paying attention to the customer with these robo-replies. Now the Owner Center is not worth MY trouble.
Old 10-17-2009, 02:06 PM

Update

Customer assistance called me and said that they were havings problems with the web page and that I should try later. It took about a week and it's now working.

Bud