General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Anyone taking their HHR for a drive this weekend?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2009, 04:11 PM

Great job on the very,cool soapbox Camero!

Last edited by HHRvey; 05-22-2009 at 05:03 PM.
Old 05-22-2009, 05:02 PM

Will take HHRvey on Monday to the National Cemetery to pay our respects to our local veterans. Gonna skip that little 500 mile race 100 miles up the road this year, will watch in the comfort of our home! Go Andretti!
Old 05-22-2009, 05:46 PM

Talking I'll be hittin' the road north to Merced Ca.,

on Saturday to be at the open house event at Castle Air Museum on Sunday.
I hope the wings on the ole BUFF are not rusted through since we're supposed to be parking under them.
I guess I'll be in good company though if that happens.
It's been 35 years since my last stay there.
Old 05-22-2009, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by DLVRNIT
Wow, looks like you have done your homework as it looks like a Winner just sitting there We always enjoy the T.V. coverage when they have the Championships ! Was just curious how many more years your son will be able to compete ? And also what is the Top Class called ?

Good Luck and Bring Home the Gold ,
Cars come in kits. We are in the entry class the Stock division. The cars come in kits and you can assemble them in about 4 hours. You can not paint the car only decals. I did buff out the molded plastic to get a good shine on her.

My son has just turned 8 years and that is the starting age. I think they can run till they are 17 years. Most move up to the Sportsman class and then they go to the Scotti cars witch are the ones where they lay down and all you see is a helmet.

There is a new Ultimate Speed class now where there really are no rules. The guy helping me is working on one with someone else that looks like a Bonneville Land Speed car. His girl is running it and is it wild. The cars nose is bent plexi glass and she lays flat and looks between her feet to see. Theirs is a low buck effort as some spend thousands just on the wheels.

We are in the local Derby for Akron next week and we hope to do well. IF we can get a top 5 it will exceed my expectations. We have beat most of the cars we will face next week already. But you still need some luck too.

We still have a lot to learn and I have a good guy helping me. They are a friendly bunch.

The car just fits in the HHR. All the seats down and witht he left front wheel off with my seat forward I can just get it in. I did not think about that till after we built the car.

My son seems to like it. He is two for two on trophies and I hope he does not get to the point of expecting them each time as it will not always happen that way. I don't want him to think it is that easy even though it has been for us so far. Some people have run for several years and never placed. So if we do not place again this year we are already ahead.

One thing about my kid is his luck. He just seems to have it in races, drawings etc. If I enter a contest I have been thinking of putting his name on the ticket. He has more luck then I in these things.
Old 05-22-2009, 08:55 PM

Just going down the Jersey shore for a buddy's college graduation party and general beach going-ness.
Old 05-24-2009, 10:04 PM

Thumbs down

1st of April, my Mrs & I took a little 1000 mile trip to EXTREME Southern Texas, to visit my ma in the hospital... This is the first "long trip" I've made since we got ours. My Mrs has been all over Missouri for her job and complains the following week of sore hips. I kid her that it's old age but I found out that the seats in an HHR SUCK!!!!!!! Overall the trip was fine; decent mileage, great handling but did I mention those front seats suck! My back & butt were killing me! Now before anybody says that distance would hurt anybody (yes drove 15hrs strait minus restroom & gas breaks) three days after returning to our home, I jumped in my 96 Buick Park Ave and made a 2nd & solo trip South & never had a pain one. I told my wife before getting half way there (with the HHR) that I have got to find some replacement seats. My thought was a set of Pontiac Bonneville buckets.

Made 300+ round trip today with most of that as ride time and I'm extremely sore again. The back rest is fine the seat is the main problem. During our Texas trip I adjusted the lead edge of the seat up and it helped some but not enough to make me feel like I'm in the Buick. Apples to Oranges though

I'm going to lay on the floor and see if I can get some relief creek, groan, pop UffDa!
Old 05-24-2009, 10:42 PM

I find that since I got my new HHR, I've been taking a lot more short trips just to get out & drive. The HHR has made cruising fun again! This weekend I'm working on fixing up my stock steel wheels.
Old 05-25-2009, 09:49 AM

The HHR sat in the garage for most of this weekend. We took the motorhome out of town on a weekend trip.

We're home today (Memorial Day), it's beautiful weather here in the Catskills (northeast) and the HHR is definately going for a run today.
Old 05-26-2009, 01:47 AM

Problems arising from the turbo upgrade kit install last week kept my HHR off the road this weekend as it awaits return to the dealer for hopefully the remedy. That meant I missed driving to the NorCal HHRs event at Castle Air Museum on Sunday but I did treat it to a nice bath today and look forward to the next event. Hope everybody had a great Memorial Day!