General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Anyone using Seatcovers ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2009, 12:50 AM

Bought mine from Seatcover connection. The back ones I had to modify to fit for the split seat but I liked the color and p[icture on it. I have a post with a pic in the apperance section here. Or check out in the gallery section.
Old 12-15-2009, 01:17 AM
Platinum Member

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Daverb
Bought mine from Seatcover connection. The back ones I had to modify to fit for the split seat but I liked the color and p[icture on it. I have a post with a pic in the apperance section here. Or check out in the gallery section.
Daverb-

I saw your pics & your modded back seat cover w/dog pics on it !! Very Cool..
Sharp ride as well....
Old 12-15-2009, 12:43 PM

Seat Covers

I have the same seatcovers that jawzz1 has. To get 'em on there 'just right', I recommend that ya remove the seats. That way, you can get all the elastic tie downs stretched correctly. I did have a hard time getting behind the power seat plastic. It took me a while to get the seat panel lined up with the back panel, but I finally did get it. I'm not real happy with the fit of the armrest, though; I may have my GF take a little tuck out of the bottom of 'em. So far, I'm really happy with 'em, they look a lot better than the original seats.
Oh, don't forget to hook up the seat belt electrics; I didn't, and my 'Service Air Bag' light came on.
Mo
Old 12-15-2009, 01:12 PM
Platinum Member

T 20-

Before I put on the bottoms, I added all the "S hooks, & squeezed them closed so they did not fall off.
I used a plastic ruler on each S hook & just gently guided them thru, behind the plastic surround.

I did have to mess with lining up the bottom on the first one, second went easier..

& To get under the drivers side I just power-raised the seat ALL the way up. Then I could see all the electrics & etc to avoid..

Anyway I like them. & more comfortable than the stock cloth.

Last edited by sleeper; 12-15-2009 at 11:08 PM.
Old 12-16-2009, 12:01 AM

Originally Posted by SSguy
T 20-

Before I put on the bottoms, I added all the "S hooks, & squeezed them closed so they did not fall off.
I used a plastic ruler on each S hook & just gently guided them thru, behind the plastic surround.

I did have to mess with lining up the bottom on the first one, second went easier..

& To get under the drivers side I just power-raised the seat ALL the way up. Then I could see all the electrics & etc to avoid..

Anyway I like them. & more comfortable than the stock cloth.
useing a length of wire, I used 12gauge, works good to feed the elastic thru also. I just made a hook on one end and bent it on the elastic and feed it thru the plastic surround
Old 12-16-2009, 12:35 AM
Platinum Member

Cool, same end result, clean installation !!!!
Old 12-19-2009, 01:54 PM

I ordered yesterday from autoanything , the black on black wetkole they had a one day sale with a 14% discount front seats only $225.80 included calif. Tax
Old 01-06-2010, 12:57 AM
Platinum Member

Arrow Static shock

Really am enjoying my seatcovers, but seems the seat cover fabric creates a bit of static when I get out, more so (it seems) in the cold.

It gives a little zap when I go to shut the door..

I don't want to just accept this with out a fight..

Last edited by sleeper; 01-07-2010 at 11:55 PM.
Old 01-06-2010, 09:04 AM

Thinking about getting Porcupine Seat Covers from Kalecoauto

Last edited by Ivan_Deslayer; 01-08-2010 at 07:56 AM.
Old 01-07-2010, 08:46 PM

I recently got Coverking in black with red inserts from Costco online on sale for $135 about a month ago. They're that wet suit type material. The colors are just like the factory but reversed patterned. Very high quality and fit and comfy, but not the easiest install. There ain't much room between the seat back and seat bottom to work with. I only did the drivers seat so far because it took me a while. They came with separate headrest covers I didn't use and armrest cover with we don't have. They're made specifically for the SS. I 'm gonna see about getting the letters "SS" embroidered on so that they'll look factory. Still, it's a shame to cover the beautiful factory seats(black and red) but you got to protect what you got.

Quick Reply: Anyone using Seatcovers ?