General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Armrest Modification

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2010, 11:45 PM

For my purpose, it has to be long enough to support my arm while holding the steering wheel. I can't tell if these projects enable that requirement. Let me know.
Old 03-27-2010, 07:03 PM

I was surprised to see a single wide armrest for the PT Cruisers in E-Bay. It replaces the drivers side using the same swing mount and a cap to cover the pass side hole. For 99 bucks I would buy one in a heartbeat if someone would make these for our HHRs. Hint to vendors..They even come in leather for a few more bucks. I was looking at the Scion XD armrest, anyone every try to adapt these to the HHR?
Old 03-30-2010, 05:03 PM

Frank6060....I checked out the PT Cruiser armrest on ebay and emailed the vendor. He is considering on doing one for the HHR. His product is exactly what I want for the HHR. Thanks for your post.
Old 03-30-2010, 08:26 PM

I also e-mailed them to let them know there's a market out there. Not sure if they're a manufacturer or vendor, but they did respond they were going to look into producing these for the HHR. Let's hope they come thru..
Old 03-30-2010, 08:29 PM

If anyone has any pictures of this or maybe moonsign has a diagram that would show what ideas are out there, cause that small armrest doesn't cut it.
Old 04-05-2010, 07:36 PM

Check ebay , There are a few armrest out there that will fit in the tight space between the seats.
Attached Images  
Old 05-25-2010, 12:31 PM

Good news for anyone wanting/needing a better center armrest. The guy that fabricated a better armrest for the PT Cruiser (see Frank6060's post a few above this one) has emailed me that he has designed one for HHR's. It should look very similair to the one he sells on ebay now.

His name is Jim and I called him today. Very nice guy... he said that he is just finishing some trim detail and will be posting it on ebay shortly w/pics. I asked him about sturdiness, size, price and colors. He told me that it attaches to the factory mount on the driver's seat, is approx. 5-6 inches wide and length is about an inch longer than factory. He described the frame and how it mounts and it sounds robust. Price is a little more than the PT's but he hasn't finalized it yet. He will make it available in the three colors. I am buying one when it's ready for sale which he said is very soon. I will post pics when I have installed it. I hope this works out for me because I really don't like our armrests. It's a small thing I know but I do alot of highway driving and I need more comfort,lol.
Old 05-25-2010, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by samesun
Good news for anyone wanting/needing a better center armrest. The guy that fabricated a better armrest for the PT Cruiser (see Frank6060's post a few above this one) has emailed me that he has designed one for HHR's. It should look very similair to the one he sells on ebay now.

His name is Jim and I called him today. Very nice guy... he said that he is just finishing some trim detail and will be posting it on ebay shortly w/pics. I asked him about sturdiness, size, price and colors. He told me that it attaches to the factory mount on the driver's seat, is approx. 5-6 inches wide and length is about an inch longer than factory. He described the frame and how it mounts and it sounds robust. Price is a little more than the PT's but he hasn't finalized it yet. He will make it available in the three colors. I am buying one when it's ready for sale which he said is very soon. I will post pics when I have installed it. I hope this works out for me because I really don't like our armrests. It's a small thing I know but I do alot of highway driving and I need more comfort,lol.
So, in other words, this will not work on an SS with the performance seats installed. Because there is no arm rest mount on the drivers seat.
Old 05-25-2010, 05:31 PM

Damn the SS seats! Damn them all to hell!
Old 06-01-2010, 06:20 AM

I'll be recieving my armrest soon and will post pic and give an honest eval of install, appearance and comfort. Jim has the factory fabrics and will include cap to cover pass seat armrest hole. He's well aware price is important and is trying to keep final cost as low as possible..and still make a buck.

Quick Reply: Armrest Modification