General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Attacked by my HHR!

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 02:21 PM

Attacked by my HHR!

It was early evening. It was dark. I opened my door to get in the car. At least I thought it was open. Seems that I hadn't opened it up far enough for it to 'catch' & stay open (in the middle catch position). I ended up hitting my forehead on the top (sharp) corner on the door. Right at the temple area, just above my left eye. I hit it hard enough that I knew it would bleed, but I didn't feel anything dripping down yet. Man I felt stupid! Waited a few minutes & put my hand up there- man, bloody fingers. Get a napkin. Apply pressure... Cant even get into my own car without hurting myself .
Later on I realized that I am so paranoid about hitting my car door on something when I open it that I subconsciously don’t open the door very far. This leads to accidents for the unwary. New headline: owner attacks car, film at 11
Old 08-12-2009, 02:49 PM

Pawned and Owned by own car....
Old 08-12-2009, 03:40 PM

Did the same thing when I first purchased mine. Frigin' OUCH. No blood for me though. Just a nasty lookin' bruise.

Feel for ya'