General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Back Pain

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2011, 06:41 PM

I guess your HHR doesn't have the power seats with adjustable lumbar. It makes a huge difference in mine for my bad back.
Old 09-29-2011, 06:52 PM

Back Pain

When I'm on a long trip I use a BackMasseur from HoMedics, it's a 10 motor seat massager that can be powered from the car or used in the home. It will massage the neck all the way down to your thighs, there are different speed cycles and massage strength along with a setting for heat. The model I have is LSS-10H that I got for Christmas several years ago, it's one of those items that you don't leave home with out it.
Old 09-29-2011, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by reelhhr09
When I'm on a long trip I use a BackMasseur from HoMedics, it's a 10 motor seat massager that can be powered from the car or used in the home. It will massage the neck all the way down to your thighs, there are different speed cycles and massage strength along with a setting for heat. The model I have is LSS-10H that I got for Christmas several years ago, it's one of those items that you don't leave home with out it.
I've got one of those! Unfortunately I didn't even think about it until I was about 6 hours from home.
Old 09-29-2011, 10:55 PM
Platinum Member

WolfTamer-

Hope things work out for ya.. Sounds like you will get it sorted out..

sleeper
Old 09-30-2011, 01:56 AM

Thanks sleeper! Great advice here and I'm gonna try it all until something works.
Old 09-30-2011, 06:19 AM

Years back I read an article about how sitting on a bulging wallet can cause back pain. This worked for me not just in car but home and work too. Not that I sit around all day.. I keep my wallet thin and if I'm on a long road trip I'll put it in glove box.
Old 09-30-2011, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by frank6060
Years back I read an article about how sitting on a bulging wallet can cause back pain. This worked for me not just in car but home and work too. Not that I sit around all day.. I keep my wallet thin and if I'm on a long road trip I'll put it in glove box.
Good suggestion. Doctors recommend you leave your back pockets empty when sitting.

Depending on the type of back problem, an inversion table can do wonders for back and neck pain. In 2 or 3 minutes hanging upside down, I can "pop" or "crack" my vertebrae like the chiropractor used to do and do it without the sudden jerking.

On a side note, I find the seats overly firm but not the least bit uncomfortable. 10 hour stretches are no problem.

Everybody is built different I guess.
Old 09-30-2011, 03:44 PM

My back hurts but not from my seat. I have one way to set my seat and it makes me happy. But if it is moved the center stack messes with my knee.

I do think after driving many HHR's I would not have been as happy with the standard seat. The performance seat supports my legs better with the longer cushion.

The standard seat is not bad but with longer legs the performance SS seat just has more support.
Old 09-30-2011, 06:55 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by theWolfTamer
Thanks sleeper! Great advice here and I'm gonna try it all until something works.
That's the spirit WolfTamer
Old 10-01-2011, 06:02 PM

Just got back from going to see my Auntie about 150 miles away. I made sure I changed hands and had my head against the head rest. I had a little twinge when I got there yesterday after about 2 hours or so in the car. Today I put a pain patch on and arrived home with no pain (except where I had to take the pain patch off, it was stuck on pretty good!).

I guess I'm getting used to it.

Also had to use table cloths from the dollar store to protect the seats because my pup got car sick twice on the way down, not at all on the "seat" covers on the way home. I'm still looking at real seat covers though.

Quick Reply: Back Pain