General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Bad grill fitment (aftermarket)

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 07:55 AM

Bad grill fitment (aftermarket)

If this is in the wrong section, please move it as needed. But I just want to warn other of my mistake and I also know that one other had a similiar issue with the same grill and company.

The company is: http://myworld.ebay.com/grille4you

These were the original photo's of the upper and lower grill. I call them a good 5 foot grill (they look great from 5 feet away).

Name:  Picture033-1.jpg
Views: 351
Size:  61.8 KB

These are just some of the issues with fitment.

Bowed out at the top.

Would not line up in the center

Recessed in at the corners.

The lower section only attached along the bottom. So the top would move some. I just did not like that. If you look on the listings, the company states if you send back an installed photo they will refund $15 each. That gives them photo's to use on the listing. Well that means I could have gotten $30 back from them reguardless.

When I first contacted them about the fitment, they requested photo's. I sent these and a few more. At first they stated to "bend" it and reinstall it and I would be "good to go". Hardly. This is a fairly heavy duty grill, the mesh is actually welded in place. I tried to bend it, but also didn't want to damage it. They offer to refund $30 for my "troubles". I told them I just wasn't happy with the fitment and the grill needed to be shaped, not bent. They offered $40 for my troubles.

I was just hoping they would offer to swap the grill out. I though maybe it was just this one. They stalled and stalled. I finally filed with PayPal and that got me a return authorization number. I shipped back and they should have it back by this Friday. Now I know they really charge high on shipping/handling as it was less than half of what they charged to ship back using the exact same box and shipping company (UPS).

So beware of them. Might be only me. But I do know of one other individual with an issue with them.

Also, you like the "donk" in the background...... The 350Z is a co-worker. That is her DD, her weekend drive is a 2005 C6. Both of those are 6speeds. She also had a 2002 HD F150 and of course a 82 Sportster they bought new. Not bad for a 58y/o.
Old 07-18-2007, 08:00 AM

Damn! That's horrible fitment. Sorry for your bad luck, dude.

I'm sure with some shaping and bending you could get it to work maybe, but that isn't how it's supposed to work. It should have came ready to put on.
Old 07-18-2007, 08:03 AM

That's a shame to have such a nice looking grill not usable because of fitment issues. Seems if you are going to spend the time producing a grill, you would make sure it properly fits the car you are selling it for.
Old 07-18-2007, 08:34 AM

Sorry, but at least PayPal is involved!
Old 07-18-2007, 09:21 AM
jx3

The saying "You get what you pay for" comes to mind.
Old 07-18-2007, 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by jx3
Yea... But aren't those grills one of the more expensive ones for the HHR?
Old 07-18-2007, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by jx3
Guess I could have just settled for a billet and matched every other vehicle on the road.

Since this was a bust, guess I'll just roll the best looking grill, the stock one.
Old 07-18-2007, 09:45 AM
jx3

Originally Posted by betterof2evils4
Yea... But aren't those grills one of the more expensive ones for the HHR?
$150 or so off ebay. These seem to be the knock off of the E & G classic that sells for $400+.
Old 07-18-2007, 09:48 AM
jx3

Originally Posted by solman98
Guess I could have just settled for a billet and matched every other vehicle on the road.

Since this was a bust, guess I'll just roll the best looking grill, the stock one.
Go with what you like. As for me I'll keep the billet.
Old 07-18-2007, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by jx3
Go with what you like. As for me I'll keep the billet.
I totally got turned off for billet when I saw a stock Astro have one from the factory. You see billet on every other vehicle on the road. IMO they played out 5 years ago.

Plus the bars are never even. The HHR ones are the worse. Especially the center and the upper corners. Huge gaps. I've seen one that looked good, and they modified it with the stock grill. They rest, fit just as bad as this one did.

But you buy what you like.

This thread is not about what you like or don't like. It is to give others a heads up to a problem with this particular grill.

Quick Reply: Bad grill fitment (aftermarket)