General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Bad News

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2010, 01:58 AM
Platinum Member

America: Innocent until proven Guilty...... right ?
Old 12-26-2010, 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by Don06
So you say the truck driver killed him?
Dude, get a life.

You're the one saying he should have avoided it!
Old 12-26-2010, 08:26 AM

yes truck drivers generally do behave like asses. I see it everyday. I am not casting any verdict here, but we just had this to deal with in town. Merry Christmas.

http://www.bemidjipioneer.com/event/...roup/homepage/

( Truck driver going too fast, lights changed and jack knifed though red light, T boned van full of kids......You can read the rest )
Old 12-26-2010, 10:08 AM

( Truck driver going too fast, lights changed and jack knifed though red light, T boned van full of kids......You can read the rest )[/QUOTE]

And where does it say this in the article?

Another jump to conclusions.
Old 12-26-2010, 10:59 AM

I see a thread dying soon.
Old 12-26-2010, 11:12 AM

Can't we all just get along??? I agree with some of the posts that yes, many truck drivers do drive like a**holes. I have witnessed this many times just in the past week. But I also know there are also plenty of "safe" truck drivers out there who do drive safely like a truck driver should, and don't speed, text, talk, drive recklessly. We don't know all the facts here, so we really shouldn't be jumping to any conclusions. It could've been the fault of the truck driver if he was not paying attention, but it could've just been a terrible accident as well. The main point is that a man has died in a terrible crash just a few days before Christmas. I feel very badly for everyone affected by this, especially the man's family.
Old 12-26-2010, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by CrazyCarKid
I don't understand how any of you can blame the truck driver! How do you know what happened? How would you like to be in his shoes right now, having killed a person just before Christmas. Even any time of the year, that would be very traumatic, and will more than likely haunt him for the rest of his life. You should be ashamed of yourself.
AFAIK, rear end impacts are always the fault of the rear vehicle.
Old 12-26-2010, 11:32 AM

[QUOTE]And where does it say this in the article?

Another jump to conclusions.[QUOTE]

Point taken - I can not find a lot online. I was reporting what I heard on the local TV. Here is another article. I am not trying to get into a verbal punch up here, I was just commenting on the fact that I see truck drivers taking risks that outweigh the benefits every day on the highway when diving to work.

http://www.grandforksherald.com/event/article/id/187821
Old 12-26-2010, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by Marzipan
AFAIK, rear end impacts are always the fault of the rear vehicle.
And marijuana is illegal. Doesn't mean it's right.
Old 12-26-2010, 02:08 PM

Take a break on the truck drivers.....theres thousands of them and you happened to see one or two drivers, doesn't mean all are like that. There are 10 times as many ahole 4 wheeler drivers out there that cause as much havoc if not more.Ive got my million miles plus and seen it both ways, one bad apple and all that.Like said so many times, you dont know the whole story....... And I;ll bet any money somewhere in your lives you pulled a boneheaded move that could have, or had caused a dangerous situation.It easy to point fingers when the facts are scarce...trucks are easy targets because they are so visable, yet you see 10 times the amount of cars that you never make mention of..I bet at least once a day Im cursing another car out , do the math. Q&A...how many brakes do a big truck have?

Quick Reply: Bad News