General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Barrett-Jackson

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2006, 08:44 PM

Barrett-Jackson

Starting tomorrow on Speed TV, is coverage of the Barrett-Jackson car auction. It is very interesting as far as cars go, coverage goes through the weekend. Past couple years, Customs and Street Rod, American Cars have become the high dollar, sought out vehicles. If you have Speed TV, check it out, something for all car buffs, can make you sick, the money that goes through there, but we can dream!!!
Old 01-16-2006, 09:14 PM

Love that auction...
Old 01-16-2006, 09:55 PM

Do you think they would ever auction off a hooked up HHR? How about one of those teazer ones? How much do you think the year one would go for?
Old 01-16-2006, 10:02 PM
Banned

My wife hates Barret-Jackson time.
Old 01-17-2006, 06:23 AM

My wife is the same, "OH not this again, WHY???".

Some of the proto-type vehicles, do go through that auction. Could be a HHR or two, you never know. Guessing the price, who knows??? There is some game/contests through Speed TV online, with fantasy bidding or something, check it out.
Old 01-17-2006, 01:04 PM

Barrett-Jackson blows. I go ever year, and every year addmission gets more and the quality of vehicles gets worse. Cost me 50 bucks general addmission last year. Only 2 cool cars they had were a Buggatti and a Jag Xj220. On the way home I popped into the show room of Scottsdale Motorsports, an exotic dealer, guess what they had ont he floor. A Buggatti and a Jag xj220. I got free tickets this year, so I'll probably go again.
Old 01-17-2006, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by snksknr94
Barrett-Jackson blows. I go ever year, and every year addmission gets more and the quality of vehicles gets worse. Cost me 50 bucks general addmission last year. Only 2 cool cars they had were a Buggatti and a Jag Xj220. On the way home I popped into the show room of Scottsdale Motorsports, an exotic dealer, guess what they had ont he floor. A Buggatti and a Jag xj220. I got free tickets this year, so I'll probably go again.
I bet that with the popularity, just attending has gotten expensensive, and with crowds, hard too see everything??

TV coverage is interesting. I love it when the commentators have a hard time describing the Customs and Street Rods, and really don't know what they are looking at. Last couple years, they have learned more, but still don't have a clue sometimes, then again, I have no clue on a Buggatti or a Jag xj220. But a Model A on 32 frame-rails, with a 32 grill-shell, independant suspension, and tune-port 350, with chopped, channelled, Street Rod, I know, HA!!!!

Interesting TV watching, I kind of think it is bad in ways to the average Car Enthuisist, by running up prices, and taking average priced rods out of the seen. Oh well, that's why, I will make my HHR, a little Street Rod and have fun, cruising!!!
Old 01-17-2006, 03:51 PM

I like looking at the rods and customs too, but Good Guys comes through twice a year
and has much nicer, and a greater selection of cars the Barret Jackson, in that type of category, plus it is only 15 to get in. Also, there is a local car show here every Sat. night that is one of the, if not the largest continually weekly car show in the country, so I go to that quite a bit as well. There are several other auctions going on right now that are cheaper to get into than Barret Jackson and offer a better atmosphere, Russo-steel, and Kruse (though I haven't been to it in a while it may have changed).
Old 01-18-2007, 07:41 PM

Barrett-Jackson?

Anyone watching the Barrett-Jackson collector car auction on Speed? If you are, what has been your favorite ride that has hit the block?
Old 01-18-2007, 07:50 PM

I am. It`s hard to pick any one as I like just about everything. Probably the hotrods and customs. I like these because you are allowed to express your individuality as opposed to the 100 point restoration where everything has to be correct. I restored a 71 Camaro BB in such a fashion and let me tell you it is BORING and no fun once it`s done. Nothing but cleaning. I went 2 years with the car then bought an identical car but restomodded it and had nothing but fun because I could drive it and do what I wanted with it.

Quick Reply: Barrett-Jackson