General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

bear vs. hhr

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2012, 08:01 AM
geg

Due to the lack paw.
the bear is moved through the woods on two legs like a human.

http://www.lifenews.ru/news/12673
Old 06-05-2012, 08:12 AM
geg

Originally Posted by Haunted_Hot_Rod
We are starting to have black bears roaming suburbia here in Virginia Beach. I live just a few miles north and slightly west of the Great Dismal Swamp so if i see a bear I'm not all that surprised...

That being said..... "This one time at band camp".....

A few yeas ago I was bow hunting deer on a 70 acre property that I had never hunted before. i was sitting back up to a big white oak watching a cut that ran up from a creek bottom to a ridge top with an abandoned apple orchard that the deer seemed to be hitting pretty regularity. I heard what I thought was a deer jump a downed log behind me about a hundred yards, and slowly turned my head to see which way it was moving... I froze. It was a big old black bear. Me on the ground with a bow 6 arrows and a hunting knife. Lucky for me it was headed away over the ridge and the I was downwind....

NOTE TO SELF: Tree-stand if I hunt there again.
Man - you're lucky. The bear could break you like a rag. I am glad that all is well.
Old 06-05-2012, 12:01 PM

I live just a few miles north and slightly west of the Great Dismal Swamp...

I'm a few miles South and slightly East of the swamp!!!
Old 06-07-2012, 07:02 PM

Me on the ground with a bow 6 arrows and a hunting knife. Lucky for me it was headed away over the ridge and the I was downwind....

NOTE TO SELF: Tree-stand if I hunt there again.
Bears climb trees very well. I think I'd be carrying a S&W 500 to convince the bear that climbing YOUR particular tree hurts too much to make it worth finishing the climb.
Old 06-07-2012, 09:39 PM

People in WNY feed the deer because there "cute", and then wonder why they are getting run over all the time. It was a huge story a few years back and the lady even got the nickname "the deerlady"

here is a link,(for anyone interested), this lady was in the news for months. it actually was big news in 2005
http://www.redorbit.com/news/odditie..._to_feed_deer/
Old 06-08-2012, 07:36 AM
Deceased

Or you get some misguided individual who puts a fiberglass deer(archery practice target, or decorative)at the edge of their lawn, I guess they like to hear skidding tires as folks lock them up trying to stop before the "deer' jumps out in front of them.

There was a "decorative deer" on one of the well traveled roads here, right on the apex of a nice sweeping curve. It collected lots of skid marks until someone re-planted it.

I didn't move the deer, but I know who did, and he apparently informed the lady who lived there that the deer would have to be removed "from her ***" if it scared him again.
Old 06-08-2012, 11:04 AM
geg

Continuing the theme.
Today, the news on TV: Cop from Karpinsk knocked bear on the highway.
They say that in 2012 in our area the number of accidents involving animals has increased tripled.
I am glad that the animals became more. But I'm concerned - they have lost the fear.
http://www.e1.ru/news/spool/news_id-370054.html
Old 06-11-2012, 08:28 AM

In the middle of the night my wife woke me up to the sounds of people blowing whistles and yelling in a campsite above ours.When she went to get something out of the car the next morning she found this.

Name:  DSCF1058.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  16.4 KB
Seems the people had left some garbage out which attracted a bear,guess he was pissed and took it out on my car.Gonna go see my insurance agent this morning,gives me a good reason to change to an SS bumper cover(lol)
Old 06-11-2012, 09:44 AM

Hey Tim, glad you guys made it home ok. you should find a bear paw and hang it from your rearview, as a warning to others.
Old 06-11-2012, 10:39 AM

When I was young and lived in northwest Wisconsin I was the great white hunter. I was a crack shot, I could hit things at distances I can't even see anymore.

I ran a trap line from about the age of 7 until a few years after I graduated from high school and the bottom fell out of the fur market.
For years I carried a .22 Colt Woodsman semi automatic pistol to finish off any animals in my traps.

I used to hunt all manner of animal too. I would always get the big game license every year and hunt deer, birds, and of course squirrels and rabbits. The license was good for fish and pretty much anything that could be hunted except goose and ducks. Those took an additional stamp.

Back then there were few restrictions on buying and owning firearms so,... when I turned 16 I bought and carried a .44 magnum six shot Super Dakota pistol even if I was only after rabbits.

There had been several bear mauling in my area and I knew a .22 would just enrage a bear most of the time.

Generally speaking, on the rare occasion that I did see a bear, it was usually making tracks away from me almost as fast as I was making tracks away from it.

No bears ever really threatened me but I figured I did not want a pissed off bear after me at all and the .44 would probably drop one in its tracks if not give it a different outlook on attacking me.

Quick Reply: bear vs. hhr