General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Bent Wheel

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 08:49 PM

How about this one: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/17-CH...38497490QQrdZ1 - it has a $139 Buy It Now price with $35 shipping. I got mine slightly cheaper about 5 month ago but this seems to be a reasonable price.

If you can't find something in a week or so, send me a PM. I have a bent but repairable wheel that I've been to lazy to do anything about.

Old 07-13-2007, 02:49 PM

Call your insurance agent and check if it will make a difference. With my insurance company comprehensive claims don't affect my premium, only collision. In other words, if I hit someone my premiums will go up (but only after 2 or 3 accidents in a 3 year period) but if hail takes out my bodywork, I hit a chunk of something in the road and damage something, or some bozo comes along and bashes my windshield that's fixed under comprehensive coverage and doesn't affect my premiums.

Again, check with your agent, it doesn't hurt to ask and you may be pleasantly surprised...
Old 07-13-2007, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by Wackaloon
Call your insurance agent and check if it will make a difference. With my insurance company comprehensive claims don't affect my premium, only collision. In other words, if I hit someone my premiums will go up (but only after 2 or 3 accidents in a 3 year period) but if hail takes out my bodywork, I hit a chunk of something in the road and damage something, or some bozo comes along and bashes my windshield that's fixed under comprehensive coverage and doesn't affect my premiums.

Again, check with your agent, it doesn't hurt to ask and you may be pleasantly surprised...

^^^ What he said. In the last couple of months I've had a Deer hit my Focus and windshield replaced due to a rock chip that turned into a huge crack. No higher premiums here
Old 07-25-2007, 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by bdubsee
How about this one: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/17-CH...38497490QQrdZ1 - it has a $139 Buy It Now price with $35 shipping. I got mine slightly cheaper about 5 month ago but this seems to be a reasonable price.

If you can't find something in a week or so, send me a PM. I have a bent but repairable wheel that I've been to lazy to do anything about.

Thanks bdubsee. You helped a bunch. I bought this wheel and it's a good deal. It needs a little polishing but that's ok.

Called the insurance company and they said I had to claim the damage under collision, which is ridiculous in my opinion. My deductible is $500 so it didn't make much sense.

Thanks for everyone's help.
Old 07-25-2007, 09:55 PM

I was in the insurance business for some 15 years in various capacities. The reason it is considered collision is because it does not specifically listed as a covered peril under comprehensive. The things that can be covered under comprehensive are fire, theft, wind, hail, vandalism, malicious mischief, riot/civil commotion, explosion, earthquake, missles or falling objects, water damage, colliding with birds or animals and glass breakage. Since it is none of the above, it would be covered under collision, which results from a turn over or impact with another vehicle or object.

Here's a page from the South Carolina Insurance Department website for you. If you really think it should be covered under comprehensive, you can always file a complaint with the state insurance department, but be sure you have it in writing that they said it wasn't covered under comprehensive.

https://www.doi.sc.gov/Eng/Public/FormPub/CompCvrg.aspx